Stranger Things [Eddie Munson] pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"So, you have to die in order to become a vampire?" Steve asks. At your nod, he gulps.

Smiling sadly, you say, "Remember when I said my sister did something completely unforgivable?"

He nods with a furrowed brow before his eyes widen with realization. The others realize too if their sharp inhales are anything to go by. "She didn't.."

You shrug and explain more of the story to clarify her reason for committing such an atrocious act. "On her quest to kill Malivore, it just so happened that she had to kill a Phoenix. Said phoenix who just so happened to be the love of her life."

"That's so sad," Eleven murmurs.

"When you're a vampire, everything is amplified- your senses and emotions. If you can't handle it, there's a mental switch you can flip that basically turns off your humanity so you don't feel anything. So, she did. She flipped her humanity switch off," you tell them. "But some of her emotions must have been trying to come back because she was envious that I wasn't overwhelmed like she was. So, to even the playing field, I guess, she snapped my neck."

"What?" Eddie is floored. "Your sister snapped your neck?"

"Yep. Right in front of our friends and everything," you say. "She got the peaceful and painless death, and I got the traumatizing one. I don't think I can ever forgive her for forcing my vampire side on me."

"What did the rest of your family say?" Robin asks.

"I dunno. I told my friends to not tell them and after they helped me control the urge to feed, I left."

"But if you have other witches in your family," Lucas says, "what's to keep them from doing a locator spell or something?"

"Cloaking spell." You grin at the boy. "Comes in handy when you don't want other witches to find you, but I'm pretty sure my aunt Freya could if she really put her mind to it."

"I'm sorry I'm the one who has to say this," Steve mumbles, "but your family sounds kind of scary and terrible."

You chuckle. "It wasn't all bad. There were some good moments." Releasing Eddie's hand, you stand and walk over to your shelving unit. There's a large clear quartz crystal that you grab and then walk back to place it down on the floor in the middle of everyone. Waving a hand over it, you say, "In Sertia."

The crystal glows before emitting a bluish projection above it as if one was looking at a screen.

"Oh cool. It's like a projector," Will says in awe.

"What is that you have there, my littlest wolf?" The memory comes into focus and Klaus saunters up to a ten-year-old you at the dinner table. He pulls out the seat next to you and settles into it with a dimpled smirk.

"That is your dad?" Max exclaims.

"That's one good-looking dude," Steve mutters.

You shake your head at both of them, eyes then trailing back to the memory playing out.

Memory you looks up, nose and mouth covered in powdered sugar. "Keelin brought me a beignet."

"Keelin? She's still around?"

"Dad," you groan with a giggle. "Aunt Freya loves Keelin and Keelin loves aunt Freya. You're just going to have to get over it."

"Yes. I guess I am." As you go take a bite out of your fried treat, it goes missing within the blink of an eye. "Hey!"

Your father holds the beignet now, a bit of powdered sugar at the corner of his lips. "Dad," you whine. Klaus laughs as he stands and you're quick to follow. Only your father has the unfair advantage of vampire speed. "Cheater!" You shout as you chase after him.