Chapter 044: Changes

Trescious Dela Victoria's POV

"Thank you for buying here at Goodie Convenience Store, Sir. Please, come again." Nakangiting bati ko pa sa isang lalaki habang inaabot ko sa kanya ang binili niya pang cornetto rito sa store namin.

He said thanks and also smiled at me before he handed the ice cream to a little boy beside him. If I would have to guess, the boy may be an eight to nine years old something. I just watched how the boy made a huge grin as he tear down the wrappings of the cornetto in his hand.

I can see the excitement in his eyes, and being honest, for a second there, I thought I saw my sister in that boy. She also loves to eat lots and lots of ice cream, especially chocolate flavored ones.

Isa yun sa mga way of bonding namin dati and naalala ko pa nga, lagi siyang nakakaubos ng tigtatatlong ice cream. Minsan, umaabot pa nga sa lima.

I always teased her whenever she ate more than one ice cream and always said to her that if she eat a lot of it, then she will get a toothache, so painful that it won't let her sleep. Of course, she never believed me, since I was that kuya of hers whom she knew made funny jokes a lot with her.

Sadyang nakakamiss lang ang mga ganoong samahan namin. If only I could go back to the past and remake all of it once more, I will surely live the best moments out of it.

I will probably be a better brother for her than how I was to her before. I can't help but to feel something shot like a bullet inside my heart on having to remember her again.

Usagi.

I thought I already moved on from my sister's death, but I guess I still haven't, huh?

Kahit saan, I can still see bits of pieces of my sister in different situations. Like, she's always with me trying to tell me that I must never forget her. Yung tipong parang pinapaalala niya talaga sa akin lahat-lahat para di siya mawala sa memorya ko.

Or maybe it's just me who is having that thought, huh?

Yeah, I guess it's just me assuming that.

Lahat nalang kasi ng mga small details, hinahalintulad ko sa kanya to the point that I think na baka pinaparusahan ako ng konsensiya ko.

I'm trying to move forward, but because of this f*cking regret I still brought along with me after she passed two years ago, I just always seems to stay at the same place.

Frozen and still, like time had stopped and whatever I do, nothing seems to be pushing me towards the next level of my life.

F*ck.

Sadyang hanggang ngayon, di ko pa rin talaga makalimutan kung paano ako binalitaan ni Kuya Tyrone na wala na ang kapatid namin.

I wasn't even given the time to have a final moment with her and even one simple gift, di man lang ako nakabigay sa kanya.

Kung sana nandoon ako katabi niya nung binawian siya ng huling hininga niya, sana di ko nararamdaman ang mga ganito ngayon.

If only I was there and not did that stupid painting--Huminga pa ako ng malalim. I shouldn't call that painting, 'stupid'. That's my gift for her and it was also something that she requested to me a long time ago to paint her, but I never did.

Doon ko pa talaga ginawa ang painting na yun kung saan malapit na siyang binawian ng buhay.

I'm a bad older brother. Bakit ko ba kasi pinabayaan ang kapatid ko? Bakit ko ba binalewala ang pabor niya sa akin dati?

It was one f*cking simple portrait painting, but why I didn't did it earlier than expected?

Tang*na.