24

"Bec's coming back today", I sighed and threw my keys on the table, "So our staycation is over?", he asked, "Unfortunately", my tone quiet.

"Let's actually go somewhere next time", he proposed, "Like where?", I asked, "Maine, I've always wanted to go for some reason", he said unsurely. "You craving lobster or something?", I joked, he shook his head, "No I want to see the coast".

"Let's do it then", I said as I watched him search through the window for answers. "Maine it is", he looked to me, "I have work, I should get going", he stood up and stretched.

"Such a shame, I was gonna head to Maine right now", I shook my head, "Yeah, if your car could even make it to Brooklyn", he laughed. "Hey!", I pointed my finger at him as we laughed.

He grabbed his backpack and threw it over his shoulder, "Will I see you later?", he asked as he stood in front of me, "Maybe", I smiled, he shook his head as his eyes watched mine closely.

"Pick you up in the middle of the night, sharp", he grinned, "Till then".

"Spencer Bradley, it was a pleasure", he bowed in front of the door, "Indeed it was", I followed his action. He left and when the door shut a feeling washed over me.

It was a feeling I didn't like. Something cold, and unwelcoming. I think it was my body telling me to run after him. So I could feel his comfort and warmth again.

But I ignored it, cause that's all it was...a feeling.

I spent most of the day writing.

When I heard the door open, I rushed to the living room. I saw Bec dropping her bags and ran into her, hugging her tightly. "I missed you", I whispered, "I missed you too", she held me back even tighter.

"What happened while I was gone, I know Eren wasn't at Armins", she held my shoulders and wiggled her brows. I couldn't stop the smile from growing on my face, I shook my head and looked to the side.

"Yes he stayed here, no we didn't fuck", I said, knowing what she was going to ask. She groaned dramatically, "Why not?!", I rolled my eyes, "Because I'm not ready for any of that".

"But", I sat myself on the sofa, "But....?", he sat next to me closely, anticipating my next words.

"We kissed", I finally said aloud. "YOU WHAT?!!?!", she gasped, "Yeah", I hid in my hands.

"YOU KISSED HIM!!??!??", she yelled, "Yes please- don't", I buried my head lower, "HOW WHEN WHY!!!!???!", I shut my eyes. "We were on the beach and- it was in the heat of the moment we were both- I just...I don't know", I rambled. "Oh my god!!! ITS HAPPENING!!!", she threw her hands in the air.

"Stop", I groaned and threw my head back, "Wait is that a new tattoo?", she looked at my hand.

"Yes", I said quietly, hiding my hand. "Not so fast", she said in a high pitched tone as she grabbed my hand.

"A window...", she whispered, "Wait", she watched me closely, "Did you and Eren get a matching tattoo?", she figured me out instantly.

"Maybe", I said quickly, "So you basically got married and didn't tell me!!?", she said excitedly, "We did not get married!!".

"A matching tattoo is the same thing love", she raised her brows, "Don't say that", I rubbed my face anxiously. "You are so in love...", her voice high pitched as she rolled her shoulders.

"How was Berkley? Did you like it?", I asked, trying to change the subject, "Love it!", she threw her head back, "The campus is gorgeous and the people aren't annoying as fuck, I could see myself living there and being like...happy", I smiled, "I'm glad".