———————————

It had been five months of training and I have been able to fully defeat Hima every single time since then. 

"I was thinking since your training  is going so well I want to teach you a new jutsu." Hima said one morning. "You've been working yourself to death everyday and you've defeated everyday the past month. I think your ready for a new jutsu." 

"Really!" I say excited, "What does it do." 

"It's a healing jutsu," my face falls.

"That's boring, I don't wanna learn medic ninjutsu. I'm not good with anything like that." 

"Just come with me," I hopped onto her back. She lifted off the ground and flew away from the island. It felt like forever until we reached a forest. Welcome to Shikkotsu Forest. 

"Shikkotsu Forest!" I say surprised, "Why are we here?" 

"To see her," I looked up. "That is one big slug." I say amazed. 

"Good to see you Lady Katsuyu." Hima said. Hima was barely half the size of Katsuyu. I had never seen a summon this big before.

"I would like you to teach the byakugou seal to Kaiya." Hima said, I looked at her surprised. Byakugou I had only heard of it once. "She had great chakra control and learning this technique would make her unstoppable. 

"I understand," Katsuyu said, "My Mistress Lady Tsunade created this specific jutsu, I know the basics to learn it. It will requires years of training and hard work. And you may never accomplish it." 

"I understand, but I would still like to try." She nods, 

"I leave her with you," Hima then disappears mostly back to the island. I look up at Katsuyu, she divides into a small version near me. 

"To get this byakugou seal you have to send chakra to a specific spot in your forehead for a long period of time." She explains.

"How long?" I ask, 

"It took Lady Tsunade 3 years to learn this jutsu." 

"3 years!" I exclaim. Katsuyu nods. "Well guess I'll just have to work extra hard to do it in half the time. I sat down on the ground, closed my eyes and began sending all my chakra to the point in my forehead. 

———

I had been doing this for 6 months straight only taking breaks to eat. I had started to become a bit frustrated. I had almost been training for an entire year and had come so far, but I just couldn't get it to appear. But I couldn't give up now I new I was getting close. 

———— 

It had been 10 months since I had started training for the byakugou seal. I had been getting only four hours of sleep and two meals a day due to the training. I had officially been away training for a year and a half. I hadn't spoken or seen my brother in all that time. I hadn't seen Hima since then either. I would only see Katsuyu when she brought food. She had kept me updated on what was happening in the leaf. She told me about how the third was killed and her Mistress Tsunade had become Hokage. 

—————— 

It had been a year and 4 months since I had started training for the byakugou seal. Two years since I set out to train. I was 13 and a half now, my brother would be 18 now. I still hadn't seen him and I desperately missed him. I opened my eyes for the first time in a while. 

"Lady Katsuyu," my voice raspy from not talking in a while. She appeared before me. "Do you think I'm close, I really should head back to the leaf I've been away for almost two and half years now," She studied me.