Chapter 14

Funeral Day

SEOKJIN POV

I still hope this is all a dream, that night when the doctor called me, it felt like my heart stopped beating for a moment, I didn't think about anything but to go as fast as possible to the hospital and see my mother's condition was very deteriorating.

My mother always said she was fine, but I knew she was lying. Every day I see only her body is getting weaker, her hair is starting to run out due to chemotherapy and her body is getting thinner.

I knew this time would come, sooner or later, I just wasn't ready to lose the only person I had. I can't make her happy.

Today I saw her buried, his body is no longer with me, he will no longer be there for my story. I'm really alone now.
-

Jungkook and his father were standing beside me, Taehyung, Yoongi, Hobi and Namjoon were also there.

I just sat near my mother's tombstone, stroking it while still crying. Hope this is all a lie, this is all a dream. Until Jungkook's father sat beside me and put his arm around my shoulder.

"Jin, your mother is healthy there, you won't be alone, remember you still have me and Jungkook" I just turned to him and nodded.

In fact I don't have anyone, this marriage never existed.

"I'm going home first, you don't stay here too long, you also have to rest"

"Thanks dad" I hugged him before he left.

Taehyung, Yoongi and Hobi also left, they accompanied me from last night and needed rest too.

Only me, Jungkook and Namjoon were left there.

"Jin, you should rest" Namjoon approached me and sat beside me.

"I still want to be here, go home"

"Then I will accompany you here"

"Ehemm" Jungkook cleared his throat, me and Namjoon turned to look behind me, seeing him still standing there.

"Then I'll wait for you in the car" Jungkook said.

I just nodded and he left us alone.

JUNGKOOK POV

Today was the last time I saw his mother's face in the coffin, I remembered everything she said to me back then, at the hospital.

FLASH BACK

"Jungkook, since when did you know my son?"

"I haven't known him long, we met at the club at that time"

"Recently? I thought you two had been dating for a long time."

She held my hand tightly while looking at me.

"Jungkook, he's my only son, I'm the only one he has here, he works hard alone to make me happy, even though just having him makes me very happy. His father left him when he was little, since then we only have each other. He looks strong but actually he is very weak, his feelings are very soft. He is not a person who expresses his feelings easily. He never even talked about how tired he was at work, he always said he was happy with his job, he was happy, even though I knew he wasn't. Jungkook, my only request just take good care of him, I was worried that one day I would leave him alone, but now he has you, I don't have to worry about anything, hug him when he's tired, hug him when he's alone, and hug him when he cries, be my hand for him, accompany him in his saddest time, make him happy, please."

"I promise, I will accompany him, I will always be there at the worst time"

His mother smiled and hugged me.

"Thank you Jungkook, thank you for being there at the right time"

PRESENT TIME

I promised to accompany him and now I'm leaving him with someone else. I waited for him in the car. I lowered my head on the steering wheel and closed my eyes, I was very tired from accompanying him yesterday then the sound of the door opening, startled me.

I turned to Jin, he came in with puffy eyes and a languid face.

"Thank you for waiting for me" Jin said while looking at me.

"Jin"

"Hmm"

"I think you better stay in the penthouse"

I know he must be shocked, but my promise to his mother is to keep his company and I'm sure my father will visit us often after this, so living together is a good idea.

"But..but that would violate the agreement that I signed. Besides, I have no problem living in an apartment, it's also not far from where you are"

"I know, but I'm sure my father will visit us often after this and I don't want him to suddenly come and see you're not there, he'll get suspicious"

"Hmm fine then, then what about the agreement?"

"Only we know about it, I will change point number 1"

"And.. actually I don't need money from you anymore, my income from the club is enough for my needs now"

"Jin, your job is done but mine isn't done yet, so I'll still pay you, you've agreed to this" He just nodded