"Tumhein kya hai uss se?" My eyes turned watery with the fever, breathing was a drag. "Tumhi ne to kaha tha mujhe kuch bhi ho tumhari balaa se. Lo marjaate hain hum." (What does it matter to you? You yourself said whatever happens to me doesn't concern you. So, let me die.)

"Baatein kar waa lo bus." He shook his head dejectedly. (Nonsense is fluent to you.)

"Lie down straight." He ordered a moment later.

"Mujhe tumhari koi baat nahi sunni." I know my hot buns of cheeks puffed on their own. (I don't want to listen to anything you say.)

"Pehle konsa sunti thi?" He placed a knee over the bed and adjusted my face, making me stare upwards. After making sure the blanket was wrapped properly, he placed an icy towel over my forehead. (When did you ever?)

"Go away, I don't want to do anything with you." I smacked his hand in the other direction.

"Maine kaha na." He gritted. "Chup chaap sojao." (I said shut up and sleep.)

"Tum mere soney par pabandi nahi laga sakte." (You can't have command over my sleep.)

He deemed it better to ignore and switched off the lamp. The curtains silhouetted playing catch with the moonlight, a silver line crossing though his hair that fell over his eyes. Why were the ruffled lately?

"Stop staring at me and go to sleep."

I madly whipped my head the other way, dropping the cloth in the process.

His jaw clenched at the unwanted insolence. He leaned over to pick it from the other side. "Tumhein khamosh rehne ka matlab samajh nahi aata?" (You don't understand what being quiet means?)

"Maine kuch kaha hi nahi!" Unless he could read my thoughts, of course. (I didn't even say anything.)

He dipped it in water, following Tayi's instructions I could see, and drenched it almost dry. Carefully placing it on my head, his intent eyes met mine. Neither could I count nor could I comprehend how beats my heart skipped, one upon the other, the deafening sound ringing in my ears.

"He doesn't care about you.." I whispered to my delusions, who seemed to revolve around him the entire time.

"Stop murmuring nonsense and fall into slumber!" He sounded aggravated.

Indeed, sleep called out to me from the dark forests yet again, singing lullabies of a faraway plaintiff, one lying in the clearances.

I cocooned myself beside him, wrapping my arms around his muscled one. He was lean, but strong. He stiffened, I could feel the tense posture but I didn't care. Just this once.

Only once.

۰꒷⏝꒷۰꒷⏝꒷۰꒷⏝꒷۰

The birds chirped, sunlight poured in, the rays wandered in the air seldom aimless. They touched the ground, they always danced upon in. The wind careened, stirring some of my strands on the side of my face.

Maybe it was best to open my eyes now. As soon as I did, the greatest shock slapped my senses. I thrust my body back, only to find that his hand was locked behind my head, in my hair.

Don't tell me!

Without another thought, I screamed. Screamed my lungs out.

He bolted up from the bed, his hair messed up in all directions. His eyes barely opened as he whirled around to find the source of the unprecedented alarm clock.