121

Hiko's pov

The next morning when I was supposed to meet with my team I was called in to the Hokage's office. The others that were called in were Naruto, Shikamaru, Sai, Sakura and Hinata. It was pretty obvious that whatever this was about was huge especiallyafter the huge explosion last night.

"I'm assuming this has something to do with the explosion last night. Was it not caused by some kind of meteor? My team had been talking about watching a meteor shower yesterday during training." I said.

"No, the explosion came from a piece of the moon colliding with the earth. There were other explosions throuught the village as well caused by the people who attacked the village last night." Kakashi~Sensei began. "They took Hanabi Hyuga and attempted to take Hinata."

"There was an attack?" Sakura asked shocked.

I was just as surprised as she was, how did I not know about that. I had been out with my team for hours yesterday and didn't notice a thing which meant I must have slept through it. Some shinobi I was.

"Your mission is to rescue the kidnapped Hanabi Hyuga, Shikamaru you'll be in charge of this five man team." Kakashi~Sensei said. "Shikamaru, put your hand out."

"Huh? What's this?" Shikamaru asked as he looked at his hand that he had held out.

"A top secret clock, only the five kage posses it." Kakashi~Sensei said.

"So what's this clock keeping track off?" Naruto asked.

"It's counting down the time until earth's destruction." Kakashi~Sensei said.

"I don't get it, what does this clock have to do with Hanabi's rescue mission?" Shikamaru asked.

"Toneri was the one who kidnapped Hanabi and he may also be the one manipulating the moon." Kakashi~Sensei explained.

"What makes you think that?" Sai asked.

"Honestly, it's a hunch." Kakashi~Sensei replied.

"After everything I've just heard it wouldn't surprise me." I said. "It's time to go save the world again I guess."

Time skip

We used Sai's birds to travel around and look for clues about where Hanabi could have been taken. We eventually came across a spring of a weird glowing water.

"That's the shinobi letter for A as in Aun." Sai said as he noticed a letter carved into the cave wall near the water.

"It could mean 'This is the beginning.' Hinata, what can you see at the bottom of the spring?" Shikamaru said.

"My vision is distorted."

"Something is distorting your Byakugan?" I said in surprise before closing my eyes to attempt to sense something at the bottom of the spring. "There must be some kind of jamming jutsu, I can't sense anything."

"We'll just have to go down and see." Naruto said before stopping to take off his scarf. "Woah, I can't get this wet."

"What's the big deal? Why does it matter if your scarf gets wet?" Sakura asked.