116

Hiko's pov

Once I was sure Akino was in the thief's hideout Naruto and I set out to find him. Of course they ended up being in the stereotypical abandoned building on the outskirts of the village.

"What now?" Naruto asked.

"Conceal your chakra, we need to check the place out first. We can't just storm in." I said but i didnt get a response. "Naruto?"

I looked back only to see he was gone. I sighed in annoyance, that idiot was going to get himself killed.

I was about to follow him in when a kunai whizzed by my head. It was the same as the one I found in moon valley, these guys were definitely the ones that took the document. I turned on my heels charging at the figure cloaked in black.

I pulled a kunai from my pouch, and swung at them. They blocked, causing our weapons to clash together. I attempted to sweep their legs out from under them as we pushed against eachother with our kunai but they jumped back.

I infused lightning chakra into my kunai and then flung it at them but they deflected it. Fortunately they were still shocked by the lightning as their own kunai conducted it. When they dropped their kunai I rushed forwards, swinging a punch at their head. They blocked it before swinging their own punch which I easily dodged.

As we exchanged blows I quickly realised that my opponent was not a shinobi. They didn't have the same structure or technique to their blows as a trained shinobi would. They were a good fighter regardless, their blows were quick and decisive and they certainly knew where to aim.

I swung a kick for their stomach and they caught my leg. I fliped backwards, using my free leg to kick them in the face. They tumbled back, releasing my other foot from their grasp.

The kicked up and I swung for their head again, swiping my leg out at the same time. They jumped to avoid my leg, allowing my punch to connect with their chin. They tried to connect a punch of their own but I caught their fist.

"Water style: water prison jutsu." I said as I performed the jutsu, trapping the thief in a sphere of water.

They coughed and spluttered for a few moments, struggling inside the water. Eventually they stilled, falling unconscious. I released the jutsu and they feel to the floor out cold. After confirming they had a pulse I tied them up and then took off into the building after Naruto.

Time skip

I found the document tucked away in an old battered safe that didn't even have a working lock. They weren't very good at hiding things. Once I had it it I made my way back upstairs to find Naruto.

"Itona!" I heard a desperate voice cry out.

I hurried into the room to see Naruto holding a young girl by the neck. He looked horrified.

"Leave big sister alone!" A child exclaimed as he hurried out from behind a bookcase and began punching Naruto's waist.

"Don't hurt Toka!" A little girl cried out.

"Naruto, I've got the document." I said and Naruto nodded, letting the girl in the black cloak go.

"Akino, are you ready to go home now? We can take this from here." I said.