47

Hiko's pov

We took off the next morning to the border of the land of rivers where Pakkun and the others had tracked Gaara. Chiyo had ended up coming with us, deciding to pay her grandson, Sasori of the red sand, a visit. We had been travelling for a few hours before we had any incidents.

"Everybody stop!" Kakashi~Sensei exclaimed.

"Itachi Uchiha." Naruto said.

Infront of us was a man in a black and red cloak with blazing red eyes and black hair. He was undoubtedly Sasuke's brother. I closed my eyes and focused on the chakra around me, there was something strange about Itachi.

"So thats the one, the child who wiped out his entire clan." Chiyo said.

"There's something not right." I said. "The chakra here is all wrong."

"I wasn't enough huh? You had to go after Gaara as well!" Naruto said. "I'll defeat every last one of you."

"Everyone, whatever you do, don't look him in the eyes." Kakashi~Sensei said.

"Already on it, I'll read his movements through his chakra." I said.

"Itachi's Genjutsu is a visual jutsu which means avoid eye contact with him and his jutsu can't take effect." Kakashi~Sensei said.

"That I know." Naruto said.

"Okay, but how are we supposed to fight him?" Sakura asked.

"I can alert you of movements through his chakra signature. That also means I can warn you of when he's about to perform a jutsu." I replied, my eyes still shut tight.

I normally didn't use my sensory skills to fight so I needed a lot of concentration if I wanted to pull this off.

"The uchiha clan huh? It's been a long time since I fought against the Sharingan. Don't look so surprised, I've been around a long time, there's more than one way to fight a visual jutsu like that." Chiyo said.

"Yeah, like what then?" Naruto asked.

"If one against one abandon the field, if two against one take the rear and he'll yield." Chiyo said.

"What does that mean?" Naruto asked.

"I know what she's saying, the sharingan shouldn't be fought one on one. If you're on your own the best course of action is to retreat. If however you outnumber the Sharingan user having two to one or more then even if someone falls victim to the Genjutsu the others will be able to attack from behind and break the Genjutsu. Should an attack on the user themselves should fail then you're still able to break the Genjutsu yourself." I explained. "1 person needs to attack him head on and distract him while the others launch a series of attacks from behind where they can't be effected by the sharingan. If we are to follow through with that plan then either myself or Kakashi~Sensei should attack from the front. Kakashi~Sensei's sharingan may be able to counter Itachi's and my sensory skills mean that I can fight with my eyes closed."

"Let's go, I'll take the rear." Naruto said.

"Wait." Kakashi~Sensei said. "That'd work fine against ordinary genjutsu but what we're dealing with here is something much more complicated."

"Meaning what?" Chiyo asked.

"He uses Mangekyo Sharingan, its far more powerful than any other visual jutsu. It only takes a second but if he hits you with that jutsu then it'll be the longest second you'll ever live. Time itself gets warped, what seems like a second in the real world could be hours or days for someone trapped in his jutsu. I know, I wandered around in it for three days and lost consciousness for more than a week."Kakashi~Sensei said. "It's not a Genjutsu that can be broken just like that."

"That does sound tricky, what a troublesome fellow he is." Chiyo said.

"Very good Kakashi, I see your time spent in my Tsukuyomi wasn't wasted." Itachi said.

"Oh believe me, I learned something else as well. There's a price to pay for using that sharingan, it exhausted you, didn't it? You had to quit before the battle was done. In addition to using up a lot of your chakra is permanent damage to your eyes every time you use that jutsu, don't you Itachi?" Kakashi~Sensei said.

"You seemed to have learned a great deal from our one brief encounter." Itachi said.

"I wonder just how much damage has already been done to your eyesight." Kakashi~Sensei said. "I underestimated you back then, I admit it but I am not the fool I used to be. Things aren't gonna go the same way this time, I promise you that."

Time skip

Naruto ended up in a Genjutsu that took all four of us to break him out off. Kakashi~Sensei did all of the actual fighting. It was only once he was killed that it was revealed that he wasn't actually Itachi at all, instead he was a shinobi from the sand village called Yura.

"I knew there was something wrong with his chakra." I said.