119

Hiko's pov

A new day ment a new mission. I was really expecting it to be genin stuff so that I could give the new team 7 some on the job training but instead it became a rescue mission. Temari beat Kakashi~Sensei within an inch of his life to get this mission assigned in the first place but I was grateful she did. Temari, Ino, Choji and I were sent to the land of silence to help Shikamaru against some guy called Gengo who had apparently kidnapped Sai.

It was a huge pain in the ass to get to the village Shikamaru was in. The amount of rogues and supposedly dead shinobi that attacked us for breathing the same air was crazy.

"Are you sure this is the right place Hiko?" Ino asked,

"Yeah, both Sai and Shikamaru are in there." I said. "They're right on the other side of this wall and by the feeling of their chakra I'd say they're fighting."

"Well then let's do this." Choji said.

"Temari, before we head in try to be gentle. I can tell right you're pissed." I said.

"I'll try my best Hiko but I'm not making any promises. He lied to me." Temari said, clenching a fist.

"He had his reasons. I've done it too, sometimes it's just what's best." I said.

"But it was different with you Hiko, you did it for us, so that we'd be happy." Temari said, hugging me as Choji broke down the wall behind us. "He did it to be an asshole."

"Come in, they've already broke in without us." I said, grabbing her hand to lead her inside.

"Shikamaru." Temari growled as soon as she saw him after we entered the building.

"Temari!?" Shikamaru exclaimed as Temari grabbed him by the collar of his shirt.

"I expected more from you, why are you sitting around dazed like that!?" Temari said as she slapped him, sen5him straight back down to the ground.

"So much for be gentle." I said, shaking my head.

"Take it easy Temari." Ino said.

"Yeah, or he really could die." Choji said.

"Just shut up! That's what you get for lying to me at the allied shinobi summit!" Temari scolded.

"I'm sorry Temari, thanks to youbive come to my senses." Shikamaru said as he rubbed his cheek.

"Come on, to your feet Lazzy." I said as I offered him a hand. "Troublesome man."

"Hey, that's my line." Shikamaru said with a smile as I helped him to his feet. "Sorry, but can you take over for me here? I have one more guy that I still have to get."

"You mean Gengo?" Temari asked.

"Howd you know that?" Shikamaru asked.

"Lord hokage told me everything. I had a hell of a time getting it out of him." Temari said.

"I don't wanna know what you did, I don't even want to imagine it." Shikamaru said.