Epilogue

When I was young and navigating my teenage years, I only had one relationship. It was the only love I have known when I was young—with Rhyl. I thought I can't forget him. That I can't let it go. It's the only time when I felt wanted and desired. 

But our love burned us and bruised us in ways that have destroyed our chances of love blooming in a healthy way. We succumb to bad habits—excessive alcohol consumption and partying all night. Years after, I wouldn't have thought that I'd be falling out of love, realizing it isn't worth it to settle for a love that destroys.

My mother's first love was my Dad. She turned her back to him. Look at what happened to our family. It was broken as fuck. All because she neglected what she felt about my Dad. She didn't believe that first love will not allow you to forget. She was miserable afterward. She regretted her decision but she had to live with it... 

When she died, she told me she still loved my father. She still treasured him. But she knew things were already different. She already messed things up by cheating. I don't want to make the same decisions. If I should love only one person, I will. Just so I won't have the same regrets when I die. 

The love I felt for Rhyl was already different when I came back years after.

Then I came to get closer to someone I had known before, loving someone new made me realize that love isn't supposed to drag you into a mess yet would accompany you towards healing and growth.

Gazing at Eustace right as we stood beside each other in front of our families, I couldn't help but feel warmth and gratitude inside my heart. I kept gazing at him with a wide smile on my lips. He looked at me too, admiring me. I wore the dress he bought for me—a baby bump showed on my belly.

"Ready?" He asked me then stared at the crowd.

They immediately shouted back. "3... 2... 1!" Eustace popped the party popper and a pink smoke came out from it.

"It's a girl!"

Hinawakan ko ang t'yan ko. Inside my womb is a girl. 

I will love you so much, so you won't have to be pressured and feel like a burden growing up. You can be anything you want as long as you're happy. And you won't have to endure hardships alone. 

Nakangiti kong pinagmasdan ang pagtalon ni Avie at ang pagpalakpak ni Heiro kasama ng mga kaibigan ni Eustace na sina Gwen at Dustin. Sa gilid nila ay naglalaro ang nasa 2 years old nilang anak na lalaki.

Lumapit sila sa amin. "Congrats, guys!"

"A girl, Eustace bro! Soon may makakalaro na si Kai."

"Hahabol kami," ani Avie sporting a speepish smile. "Huwag ninyong kakalimutan ang kasal namin ni Heiro next month."

"Naisingit pa talaga," ani Gwen, ang pinakamatalik na kaibigan nilang dalawa ni Eustace. Natawa kaming lahat.

Natatawa si Gwen habang lumalapit sa akin. "Ang blooming mo," sabi niya sabay yakap sa akin. Si Eustace naman ay nakipag-usap kay Dustin at kay Heiro. I was hanging out with the girls kasama si Avie at Gwen at iba pang kakilala ni Eustace.

I was also able to find Danica rito sa Pilipinas. I gave her an invitation at dumaan siya sa venue. Napasigaw pa ako kanina at agad siyang niyakap nang mahigpit. She is enjoying the island life, travelling from one place to another. Nag-iwan siya ng regalo para sa baby namin ni Eustace. She had to leave early to catch a flight at nagpalaam agad ako sa kanya. We will keep contact on Facebook and Instagram. I am truly happy and grateful how things turned out for Danica and me.

Lumapit sa akin sa Eustace at hinalikan ako sa labi, mabilis lang pero agad akong napangiti. His arms rested on my waist as his family approached us. Ang Tita niya ay agad na lumapit sa akin at ang Tito naman ni Eustace ay tinanguan siya. Everyone settled on their seats as the food was being served.