thirty five.

"𝗜 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁, 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗜 𝗱𝗼, 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂

"𝗜 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁, 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗜 𝗱𝗼, 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂."

-𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞-

Jungkook hated the summer. He hated the humidity, the ridiculous heatwaves, the sheer warmth of it all. As the end of August approached, the days were as warm as ever, and Jungkook's mood was getting worse and worse.

"Darling, Why are You so grumpy, hm?" Taehyung spoke, Looking down at the teen that snuggled in his lap, Jungkook's face buried into his stomach as he combed through the boy's fluffy brown hair with one hand, typing on his laptop with his other. "You've been in a foul mood all day."

Jungkook merely tightened his grip on Taehyung's waist, nuzzling his face even further into the man's tummy. "M' just bored, Mr Kim. It's too hot."

"Come here." The elder chuckled, closing his laptop before adjusting himself so he was laying back against the couch, lifting the teen up so he was now laying on top of him, Jungkook's head now on his chest. "Now, what's really wrong?"

Jungkook Immediately sighed, eyes fluttering shut as he nuzzled the man's collar bone. "It's daddy's Birthday today. I-I Want to go and see him." He spoke, gulping when Taehyung stopped stroking his hair. "B-But You Have Work In a few hours s-so you won't be able to come with me."

The elder man froze, his body stiffening. He knew he had no place to stop Jungkook from seeing his father. But, he also knew what would happen if The teen saw Mr Jeon again. Jungkook would either not want to leave his father's house again, or he could come back in tears and several shades of heartbreak once again.

It was already hard to settle The Teen the first time he left Mr Jeon's house -he didn't want all of their progress to go to waste.

Jungkook is attached to his father, he knew that very well.

"Sweetheart," Taehyung began, thinking about how to approach his words in a careful, gentle way as to not upset the teen. "Do you think going to see him is a good decision? Do you remember why you're living here in the first place?"

"Uh huh.." Jungkook nodded sadly. "I Know I Shouldn't, but I really miss him. He was so loving when he wasn't h-hurting me, Mr Kim... You Don't Understand.."

The elder hummed, caressing the teen's hair. "I Know, Little one. But Are you sure you'd be okay without me there?"

Jungkook's lower lip wobbled as he shook his head. He'd been through so much these past few months, he knew better then to add salt to the wound. Seeing his father wouldn't do him any good right now, but deep down, he wanted nothing more then See the man again.