𝟎𝟓. 𝐀𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬

CHIARA:

"You mentioned Enzo and his men, but have you ever seen Enzo himself?" The first question is dropped and I stop to think for a moment.

"Yeah. Once. I was lying on the floor after one of his men smashed my head against the table, and he walked up to stand over me, he said something."

"What did he say?" Leandro intently stares at me, catching every word that escapes my shaking lips as I relive some of the worst days of my life.

'This is not the end Miss Milano. And something about how he hoped our next encounter would be much easier, that I would listen to his instructions instead of shooting up his soldiers."

"You shot Enzos soldiers?" Alejandro blurts out, finally looking up from the ipad he has been typing every sentence I've released in. And I can't tell whether his facial expression is one of terror or pride. So I just nod my head.

"Alejandro." Leandro doesn't need to say anymore, Alejandro has already apologised for breaking a meeting room rule and stuck his head back into the 6X4 screen.

"Can you recall what he looked like Miss Milano?" Leandro asks, green green eyes locked against my brown.

"No." I shake my head. "My vision was too blurred, I just focused on processing what he was saying instead sorr-

"There's no need." Leandro raises his hand, and I seal my lips. Answer the question and that's it Chiara. Just the questions.

"I haven't seen him but I think I could describe him to you. If you want? I've heard his men talk about him before." I offer. I knew he wouldn't be pleased that I didn't manage to get a quick glance at this man, but blood was pouring out of my mouth and someone was banging on my head. It wasn't really my priority at the time.

He nods his head so I continue.

"He has curly hair, he's over 6 foot and has grey eyes. I'm pretty sure one of his men has a thing for him.  Wouldn't stop pining over about how they're petrifying but mesmerising all the same." I roll my eyes hard, but I suppose I had the same thoughts just an hour ago about the man in front of me.

"Thank you. Anything else?" I rack my brain for more but that's all I know in regards to his appearance.

"No. All I know is that he's his men's boss but he has one too. I vaguely recall him picking up the phone on one occasion, 'She's alive boss.' was all I heard before he started shouting at whoever was on the other end. So, I gathered there's more than just his army after me."

I look up around the room, hoping I'd remember what else was said but the faces that each of the men around me are plastered with cut my trip down memory lane short.

Leandro is now standing, ordering Mattia to set up extra security around the house ASAP. Alejandro is staring across to his brother, they share a communicative look; Alejandro is mentally saying 'Oh shit.' whilst Lorenzos is a bit more like 'I'm not surprised.' And me? Well my heart just sinks another three feet.

"This meeting is adjourned, return back to your roles in the home immediately."Leandro makes his way towards the door before I stop him.

"Wait! No the hell it is not. I gave you the answers to all of your invading questions because you said it would help you understand why I'm here. Now it's your turn. Why the hell am I here Leandro?" He stops walking and turns back towards the chair he departed from. Jaw ticking, hands clenched.