Chapter Ten

War, a state of armed conflict between different countries or different groups within a country

War, a state of armed conflict between different countries or different groups within a country. War was made with extreme violence, aggression, destruction, and mortality. They knew lives would be lost, they knew that the time was approaching faster and faster. Rosalie with Tom and Jeremy by her side watched the shield form around Hogwarts, pitiful, such a pitiful attempt. Everyone had turned their backs on Dumbledore, the Order. Even some of the Order had turned their backs on Dumbledore, after what they had learned.

"You all ready?" Rosalie asked her family, eyes cold and distant.

The Mikaelson's smirked and nodded.

Facing forward Rosalie lifted her wand, closing her eyes as she cast the spell. A bright blue light shot from the tip, many more following her own spell. The shield shuddered. Windows shatter, pierced by plumes, which materialize into Death Eaters. Instantly, the Order engage the dark wizards, standing shoulder to shoulder as they defend the school against the onslaught. Rosalie and Luna walk from behind, the pair knowing what they needed to do. 

Jeremy flanked by Tom waves his hand at Professor Umbridge, the woman screams as her eyes turn black. Her worst nightmares playing in her mind. The two men walk away leaving the woman to scratch at her face, pulling her hair from her own head. She would die from her own fear.

Giants crash over the viaduct, laying waste to the stone Knights that had been spelled to come alive by Dumbledore, as more plumes rocket overhead. Death Eaters run roughshod over the grounds. Giants step on anything in their path, including the occasional Death Eater, crushing skulls, snapping spines.

As Rosalie and Luna make their way through the corridor, an explosion detonates and the windows running the length of the corridor explode, one after another, showering Rosalie and Luna in glass. Then the wall itself falls away, rubble falling into the night and below. Rosalie and Luna never breaks stride.

"We will find the mad man in the Room of Requirement." Luna whispers dreamily. Rosalie nods as they walk through the corridors once more. When the two stepped in front of the doors leading them to the Room of Requirement. "This is our win."

Holding each other's hands, the two stepped inside to find Molly Weasley and Dumbledore. "My dear girl, how far you have fallen." Dumbledore says to Rosalie.

"Fallen, I have not fallen, I have only risen higher, I have gained so much but putting distance between myself and you." Rosalie says, her tone was firm, cold.

Molly Weasley took a harsh step forward. "You stupid girl, look at what you have done, we were to be a family, and you threw all of that into our face and married that villain!" She screeched; Luna flinched softly at the sound. "Those people you call family will turn their backs on you." 

Rosalie smiled. "And yet you were part of the conspiracy, lacing me with Love Potions to marry that slob you call a son," Rosalie scoffed. "I found a true family when I discovered my magic, when I went to those who were most trustful." Rosalie continued stepping closer, her shoes clicked on the stone floor. "And tonight, tonight is when you will greet Death with a smile on your face." Rosalie hissed before flinging her wand toward Dumbledore, the spell striking him in the chest. Luna taking Mrs. Weasley's attention.

Rosalie flinches as shards of marble rain down upon her. But she stands quickly. Wheeling, she fires back. Dumbledore parries Rosalie's spells with frightening ease, mounting the steps, and firing again and again. The two had made their way out into the halls of Hogwarts, the school itself creating a path for the girl.

Eyes darting frantically, Rosalie blocks the spells with a mixture of skill, instinct, and pure luck. She stumbles back, firing wildly. Dumbledore's eyes glitter with rage, as if he himself had been struck by the spell. Rosalie fires again, purposely aiming for the roofing this time. Rosalie shields her eyes briefly, then looks down and sees... a cloud of smoke hanging over the stairs from her own spell. She breaths heavily when a ball of white appears beside her was Luna. "The mother has been dealt with." Luna whispered as the two stand back to back, sensing Dumbledore.

The loud echoing sound of spells reached the two girls as they waited with baited breath. Rosalie and Luna glanced about frantically, then whoosh! The hairs on the back of Rosalie's and Luna's necks rise. They turn. Dumbledore materializes at the top of the stairs, fires a ribbon of fire at them. Rosalie counters it. The spell bounds into the wall as the girls bolt away. "We have to get there and soon!" Rosalie shouts to Luna as the two run.

Rosalie and Luna push themselves forward, blindly, silently. They squint. Up ahead, dark coils of impossibly thick smoke corkscrew from the stone floor. Whoosh! Rosalie wheels, watches a figure materialize from the corridor. The smoke shifts, revealing Dumbledore. He raises his wand, pointing it directly at Rosalie as the smoke thickens once again, concealing the old fool. Seconds later... a ribbon of fire erupts through the mist, stitching its way through the smoke towards the two girls.

The two jump out of the way before running off again. Luna pulls a vial out of her bag; the gold elixir sparkles from the flames. The young girl throwing it ahead of them. Stumbling into the Great Hall, the two run up the dais as Dumbledore enters. But he becomes bound by golden thread.

"Die you fools!" He screams a crazed look in her aging eyes.

Rosalie breaths deeply as she pulls out a wreath, the branches from the soul world, placing the wreath around Dumbledore's head, she steps back watching as the thorns grow piercing his body. Luna takes Rosalie left hand and the two close their eyes.

"Taker of life, god of gods, accept my offering. Bone, flesh, breath. Yours eternally. Bone, flesh, breath. I beg of you, return to me." The girls chant, their voices were so different to each other, Rosalie's was deep and hollow, while Luna was airy and calm, their counter parts shone in their demeanor, and then two glowing orbs appear. Niklaus who had been following the two in the shadows jumped forward taking the souls that were chained to the old man, ripping them from him. 

Dumbledore screamed in agony. His cries reaching out to those who fought. Tom and Jeremy along with their family ran inside the Great Hall, their eyes locked on the withering form of Dumbledore.

Rosalie and Luna's eyes snapped open; a dark void reflected in Rosalie's with her veins stretched on her face fangs on full display. Luna's eyes were a glowing white, her cheeks dusted pink, and flowers fell down her hair in intricate ways.

"Evil Wizard in our sight, vanquish thy self, vanquish thy might. In this and every future life." The two hissed.

Everyone's eyes widened as they watched the wreath tighten on the old man, the thorns growing in size as they glowed white. His soul was being ripped to pieces. His screams were lost as the pain became to much. And just like that Dumbledore fell to the floor.

Dead.