Chapter Nine

July 28th of 1999, was the day they chose to begin their war, no students were seen wandering the halls of Hogwarts, it was quiet, all except for the loud clicks of heels on the stone floor

July 28th of 1999, was the day they chose to begin their war, no students were seen wandering the halls of Hogwarts, it was quiet, all except for the loud clicks of heels on the stone floor. Rosalie walked in alone it seemed, her eyes searching the area, hearing focusing on the slightest noise, that little sound of beating hearts. It made her mouth water; they were beating so fast. Fear. Fear was coursing through the Order's veins, it was delectable. She turned into the Great Hall, seeing the throne like chair that the old coot sat upon all those years. 

She strode with purpose, and as she reached the middle of the hall is when the Order appeared, wands raised towards her. "My, my, I seem to have gotten the short end of the straw having to see you all first," Rosalie said with her eyebrow raised and a smirk resting on her face. "Here I thought you'd made a run for it old man." She mocked.

"Foolish girl, you have allowed for our world to be destroyed by your dark ways." Dumbledore exclaimed as he stared the girl down.

"Destroyed?" Rosalie gasped in surprise, "I don't believe we have Dumbledore, we are making it a safer place for all," she said.

"You insolent little girl, your mother and father would be disgusted with you, choosing the He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, the man who killed them in cold blood!" Molly Weasley shrieked, Ronald and Ginny by her side, but none of her other children, or husband had chosen to help them. They were firmly on Rosalie's side. 

"Mother and father, disgusted with me," she whispered. "That's funny, because from what I've learned, my parents were never killed by my soulmate, they weren't killed at all." She said laughing softly. "See a long time ago, my mother Lily and my step-father James, were cursed, you see they had been imperioed along with Tom, by that man you follow. But, he hadn't killed Lily and James no he stole their souls, and placed muggle souls in their bodies, killing muggles instead." Rosalie explained as she walked closer, "he is the villain in this story, not Tom Marvolo Riddle."

"Lies!" Shacklebolt shouted glaring at the young woman.

"But sir, I must not tell lies." Rosalie snarled as her eyes pointed to Umbridge. A shocking turn of events it seemed, the pink toad joining Dumbledore's side. "Is that not what you wanted ma'am, for all those you children to not tell lies, when they believed that Voldemort was back?" 

Umbridge shook with fear, but kept her wand high, pointed at the young woman's head.

"I guess, war is our only choice now." Rosalie said as she now walked backwards, she refused to turn her back on them, "I'll see you on the battlefield Dumbledore, and my husbands and I will take great pride in ripping you to pieces." She hissed eyes wide and crazed, as she got back to the hall, running from the area.

"She should be back soon." Rosalie heard her father say, as she came up from behind him. 

"I'm back." She answered as she walked with him to their tent, hidden in the Forbidden Forest. As the two walked they whispered words to each other, Rosalie telling him about her little chat with Dumbledore, and her little seeds of doubt being placed into the Order's heads.

They watched as some of their own army grabbed melee weapons to train with, making sure they were ready for anything encase they lost their wands in the fight. "You know this gives me great happiness seeing all this." Niklaus says to his daughter.

"Of course it does, does it also remind you how old you are as well?" Rosalie says with a impish grin on her face, eyes sparkling with mirth.  

Niklaus pauses and turns to his daughter. "You little git." He whispered as she sped away and into her tent, her family waiting on her.

"I'm back," she declared with a skip in her step.

"How did it go?" Tom asked her as he and Jeremy kissed her on the cheek in greeting.

Rosalie smiled, "I've planted the seed of doubt into the Order's minds, we shall just have to see how it all goes, but it was quite entertaining annoying the old coot."

The family laughed just as Niklaus came striding in, slapping the back of his daughters head. "That's for your cheek young lady."

"Yes, I am young, younger then you too." She continued. 

Niklaus turned his eyes to the rest of his family. "Okay whose been telling her to start teasing me?"

Fred, George, and Kol each raised a hand grinning brightly. "We did." They cheered. 

"And it's funny because Uncle Kol is older then me as well but younger then you by a couple years, but if we are being technical, Uncle Elijah is the oldest out of all of us." Rosalie said with a grin.

"Should we be really doing this in the middle of a war?" Jeremy asked his Mistress a cheeky smirk on his face. 

Rosalie smiled she knew some people would be confused as too why she would joke around in such a serious time and she answered simply. "Even when it is our darkest time, and war is upon us, we can still allow that little bit of joyful light to come and allow our hopes to rise. If being funny and making jokes makes us happy why should we not." 

Everyone agreed with her words, as they walked out of the tent and went and talked with their followers, laughter filling the area. It really was something that had needed to happen, many of the younger Death Eater's had been a little frightened of the up and coming war, and seeing their leaders come out and have fun with them, it showed they cared and wanted to raise their spirits, it made them much more approachable.

That was when they all knew they were on the right side of this war because these were the leaders that were going to give them a fighting chance.