Chapter Eighteen

Lightening flashes

Lightening flashes. Thunder rumbles. Rain lashes the windows. Rosalie slumps into the darkened dormitory, stretching her arms above her head. She stops. On the floor, glittering in the moonlight is a trial of candy foils. A bit further along Rosalie comes to find the stupid Weasel sitting on the windowsill of her dormitory. Rolling her eyes she reaches out to Jeremy, alerting him to the Weasel in her room.

"It's beautiful, isn't it? The moon." The Weasel says.

"Divine. Had ourselves a little late-night snack, did we." She growls, picking the rubbish off her floor. Jeremy coming into the room and seeing the Weasel.

"It was on you bed. The box. Thought I'd try one." He said.

"Or twenty." She drawls out.

"I can't stop thinking about her, Rosie." Weasel states suddenly.

"Really?" She asks bored, as she places the foils in the rubbish bin.

"I... I think I love her." Weasel states.

"Excuse me?" Rosalie asks. "Well... Brilliant, you finally realised you were never going to have me." Rosalie says.

"Do you think she knows I exist?" Weasel asks.

"Bloody well hope so." Rosalie states. "I think you've been snogging her for a while." She mutters.

"Snogging? Who're you talking about?" Weasel asks.

"Who're you talking about?" Jeremy asks, his arm wrapping around Rosalie's waist. His fingers massaging her hip.

"Romilda, of course. Romilda Vane." Weasel answers.

"Okay." Rosalie said. "Well you please leave now." Rosalie orders.

"But you could introduce me." Weasel says getting up and approaching them.

Rosalie eyes him warily before looking at the hear shaped box. A letter right next to it: 'Dear Rosalie. Thinking sweet thoughts of you. Happy Valentine's Day. Romilda."

"Weasel these chocolates are filled with a love potion." Rosalie grumbles. "Come with us. We'll introduce Romilda to you." Rosalie whispers. The stupid carrot head following Rosalie and Jeremy like a lost puppy. As they walked the corridor they came upon McGonagall the older woman about to berate them.

"Professor, we would not be up if it weren't an emergency, it seems someone was trying to slip Rosalie a love potion and mister Weasley here, broke into her dormitory and ate the laced chocolates, so we are taking him to Poppy." Jeremy says to the older woman. 

"Oh my," She whispers, before taking over and telling Rosalie and Jeremy to head off to bed while she dealt with the Weasel.

The following morning Rosalie spoons soup into her mouth, Jeremy on her left, Neville on her right. Rosalie's eyes were one the book in her hand, the half-blood princes potion book. Or better yet Professor Snape's book. Her eyes linger on a simple spell, 'Sectumsempra.' For enemies. "Interesting." She whispers.

"What is Rosalie?" Jeremy asks her.

"This spell." She answers casually. "It's rather interesting, I should question the half-blood prince soon." She says, standing and walking out of the hall. Jeremy and Neville right behind her.

But she stops as she sees Katie Bell. She is pale but smiling, greeting other girls. After a moment she looks up and sees Rosalie looking at her.

"How are you, Katie?" Rosalie asks.

"Give me a moment girls." She says. The girls drift off. Rosalie watches them go, curious, then. "I know you're going to ask, Rosalie. But I don't know who cursed me. I've tried to remember. Honestly. But I just... can't..." Katie says.

"I didn't particularly want to know that I just wanted to know if you were okay or not." Rosalie says with a raised eyebrow. She knew it was Draco that gave it to her, but it wasn't his fault he had been placed the imperious. And had many compulsions on him. "So, are you okay now?" Rosalie asks again.

"I'm well," Katie answers. 

"Well, that's good, have a nice day Katie." Rosalie states before leaving. Making her way to her classes. Sitting in her classes, Rosalie hears a commotion, everyone eyes turning to the doors as they slam open.

Dumbledore in all his stupid glory glares towards her. She tilts her head as she tries to figure out what he was doing. "You stupid, child, why were you not coming to me when called upon!" He shouts, his voice booming around the room.

The students flinch at the cry. Rosalie tilts her head, unaffected by his cries. "Why would I go to you, you have done nothing but make my life miserable, you hid my real family from me, you took my life away from me, you took my soulmate from me, you took my mother and father from me, and you lied about my real father," Rosalie states standing from her seat. Her eyes drilling into the older man.

"Why do you hate me dear Rosalie?" He questions her. "I have done nothing but give you a home here in Hogwarts. Was I not the grandfather you needed?"

Rosalie looks at him as those he were an idiot. Did she not give him her reasons already. "Well in the words of my father Niklaus Mikaelson. My hatred for you runs so deep it's difficult to pinpoint its origin." She stated her eyes now a blazing gold the veins growing down her face, Jeremy next to her with his eyes a pitch black, his skin pale, like bone. And dear Neville stood behind them, but his wand was at the ready. "And I do believe I just gave you a list of reason's I don't like you."

"They have corrupted you haven't they, that husband of yours, and that monster you call dad." Dumbledore growled.

Rosalie growled softly, as Jeremy stepped a little more in front of her. Rosalie's wand that was gifted to her by death now rests in her hand.

'Tom, Dumbledore is looking ready to fight.' Rosalie sends to her husband mentally.

'We are coming love, be safe.' Tom sends back. The panic clear in his words.

Rosalie narrows her eyes on the man, seeing the Elder wand in his hand. "The only corrupted one I see is you, the lover of Gellert Grindelwald, the so called leader of the light, but has the saviour, grow up as a lanky little girl, who was abused, mentally, physically and sexually." Rosalie says a deranged look in her eyes. "You wanted me to be malleable, weak, wanting affection, it was working for a time, until I learnt all about my magic and meant my soulmate, Tom, he told me everything I needed to know," Rosalie continues.

"You will protect us, you will fight the great fight, for the greater good!" Dumbledore orders.

"I'd have greater chance of draining the Mississippi with a straw then help you. Voldemort is not back, stop accusing my husband as being him," Rosalie growls. "And if you attack me, in front of all these students I will make your life hell." She says.

"You are the prophesied child!"

"You mean, that prophecy the one where that wack job of a teacher Trelawney gave during a job interview at a pub." She says, a laugh leave her lips. "You're so stupid, I know the real prophecy, I've heard it. And I'm not meant to fight Voldemort, no I meant to fight the fake light leader. You." Rosalie says dropping the news on everyone.

Dumbledore's eyes widen as he sees the students standing behind Rosalie, all with their wands pointed at him.

"Run. You better, or I'll be biting your stabbing your neck and draining you of your blood, slowly." She growls.

Dumbledore's face grows red with rage, as he flings a spell at the students, a shield charm erected around all of them as they screamed in surprise. Dumbledore gone.

"The war is about to begin." Rosalie says as the dust settles, and her family comes running in.

Be ready, for the fight is about to start and faces of old will come forth once more.