Chapter Two

Now inside the Great Hall, all the students watch as Dumbledore, an old man with a great white beard to his belt and long white hair, stands to address the school

"I beg a few moments of your attention, as I have a few start of term announcements. Right off, our caretaker, the good Mr. Filch has reminded me for what he says is the four-hundred and sixty-second time that he had an annually updated lists of various banned items, usually introduced by our humour experts Fred and George Weasley." The man starts.

Fred and George stand and take a bow to cheering, laughter, and yells.

"...which are posted in an extensive list on the door to Mr. Filch's door."

Rosalie grins at the twins as, their smirks never left their faces. All three's eyes flashing their respective new colours. Rosalie's gold and the twins a deep burgundy red. No one seeing a single thing expect for Tom.

"Also, we have two staffing changes this year. Professor Grubby-Plank will be taking the post of Care of Magical Creatures post as Professor Hagrid is on... extended leave."

Rosalie scoffs softly.

"Additionally, we have Professor Umbridge, who has kindly agreed to fill the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts..."

At this, Umbridge stands and clears her throat.

"Hem, Hem, Headmaster, if I could address the school?" The woman in garish pink says. Rosalie, Tom, George, and Fred sit straighter as Dumbledore looks taken aback. McGonagall glaring at the woman.

Dumbledore sits down and invites the horrid woman forward.

"Thank you, Headmaster. Now, how are we all doing tonight?" She started looking around the room. "I thought I would just say a few words. I am here at the Ministry of Magic's bequest, under Educational Decree twenty-two, which states that if the Headmaster of Hogwarts is unable to fill any teaching post the Ministry shall select one for the position."

Dumbledore inclines his head. There is murmuring from everyone. "Dibs." The twins say instantly. Rosalie's lips twitched.

"The Ministry has always considered the magical education of our children to be of vital importance, and the passing down of this ancient and noble art must be given to the next generation, lest it be lost forever..." She pauses as she continues looking over all of them. As though they were beneath her.

"Without progress, stagnation. But progress for progress's sake is to be discouraged, for our art requires no tinkering."

"A balance must be attained, the new and the old permanence and change, tradition and innovation, order and chaos."

"There are large changes coming soon, changes walking the fine line between order and chaos. Know only that these changes are for the best, and to prevent the destruction of our civilization from its own decay. Thank you."

Umbridge smiles at them all, but to Rosalie, the smile she knew was forced and faked. Her eyes narrow as the woman's eyes lock on her. A dark look in her eyes, Rosalie sighed as she instantly knew she was going to be targeted by the toad-like woman. 

"Why do they keep getting people in when they hate kids. And why do they keep getting the bad teachers in that always want to do me harm? Except Remus, he didn't mean it." Rosalie questioned as the twins laughed. All of them grabbing their cups and sipping on the blood that Dobby had snuck in for them. Their own food in front of them. 

They thanked Charlie in their heads as they ate the food, talking quietly amongst themselves. Granger and Weasley trying to hear what the three were talking about but, they were scared away by the glares on the twins faces. 

Rosalie was quick to skip over to Tom and whisper words into his ear. The rest of the Syltherin table glare at the Potter girl, all except Draco Malfoy, who nods to her in greeting and shuffles down to allow the girl to sit next to Tom. 

Tom listened to her words closely. Neither seeing the looks they were getting from students, teachers, and ghosts. McGonagall smiled though as she saw Rosalie laugh softly. The young Slytherin lord being the very reason. 

Dumbledore on the other hand, his hand clinched tightly in annoyance. He knew who the young man was, but no one believed him, because how can a young man like Tom Marvolo Slytherin be such a bad man. How could he be Lord Voldemort. 

His charm and smarts, being his greatest asset once again. 

Rosalie and the twins go inside the common room to see Dean, Seamus and Neville sitting down. "So why didn't your mum want you to come back to Hogwarts, Seamus?" Dean asked his best friend.

"Me Mam didn't want me to come back to Hogwarts..." Seamus starts before Rosalie walks over.

"Why?" She asked.

"Well... because of you..." Seamus answered.

"What did I do?" She asked.

"She... well, she figure's you're well, you're lying about You-Know-Who and Dumbledore's a right nutter..." Seamus answers.

"Huh?" Rosalie says confused. She never said anything about Voldemort returning at all.

Seamus picks up the Daily Prophet and tosses it to Rosalie. Rosalie catches it and looks at the front page.

It reads: "Rosalie Potter: Girl Hero Uses Lies to Seek Attention" with the subheading of "Hogwarts Headmaster Buys Her Story."

Rosalie blinks, as anger goes through her. "Someone is in trouble." George and Fred sing.

"So... she believes this stuff?" Rosalie asks.

"Well... yeah..." Seamus responds.

"Right, so I'm going to speak with Tom tomorrow, and we are both going to be having a long scathing conversation with the Prophet, and I'm going to find who is spilling this information because Voldemort isn't back." Rosalie states.

"Wait, you didn't say he was back?" Dean questions.

"No, once Cedric and I got the cup we were transported to the start. Never saw no evil dark wizard." Rosalie stated. "Also, Dumbledore is a nutter."

Rosalie put the paper down and leaves to her dorm. The twins look at the paper and set it alight before going to bed as well. 

Once in her dorm, she is quick to change and shuffle under the sheets. Her nose breathing in her families scent once again, calming her raging thoughts. 

"This is going to be a shit year." She whispered before closing the curtains and going to sleep.