Chapter Twelve

The long tables in the Great Hall have been moved aside

The long tables in the Great Hall have been moved aside. In their place, hundreds of desks have been set up. It is at one of these that Rosalie now sits. Professor Marchbanks stands near the staff table.

"Before we begin, I have an update on Professor McGonagall. She will be alright and is resting in the hospital wing."

Rosalie lets a breath leave her as her shoulders relaxed.

"You may now turn your papers over and begin." Marchbanks says. Rosalie turns over his paper and stares at it. She begins to mark on it, scribbling in her answers.

Rosalie stares at the last page of her exam when she feels her eyes start to haze. A growl rips from her lips as she begins to block the vision from her mind. That meddlesome old fool was trying to put anther image inside her mind. She winces as the scar on her forehead aches, she clinched her eyes tight as they began to shift into her gold eyes, the veins stretching down her face, and her canine teeth elongated into the sharp points. She placed her head onto her crossed arms, breathing in sharply.

"Mistress." Death whispered as he hovered over her, a bony hand coming to rest on her head. Slowly a darkness filled Rosalie's mind. The magic that the old fool had used disappearing from her mind. Rosalie let out a relieved sigh. Her eyes opening seeing that all those around her were frozen in place. "Are you well now, my Mistress?" Death asked the young woman.

Rosalie looked to her malevolent friend and smiled in thanks. "I am well my friend." She whispered. Death nodded before disappearing, those around moving once again. 

Rosalie turned back to her test and clenched her fist tightly. That fool had tried to make her turn her back on Tom, she scoffed as she finished the last question. Even when he wasn't inside the school, he was trying to control her. Damn him, she thought her teeth gritted together.

With the exam over, Rosalie was quick to leave, her footsteps hitting the stone floor with loud thudding noise. The twins and Tom sat outside waiting for her, the three laughing together, until Tom saw the look on Rosalie's face. "Rosalie?" Tom questioned as he met her in the middle of the courtyard.

"That old fool, he was trying to make me believe that your were using Sirius to get the prophecy!" Rosalie growled. Tom's eyes widen in shock before taking Rosalie's hand and pulling her away from the growing crowd. The twins sending their brother and Granger a fierce glare as they followed from behind.

"How did you stop it?" Tom asked as they found a secluded room. Tom watched as Rosalie paced back and forth, biting her nail as she glared forward.

"I didn't," she whispered feeling weak. "Death had to help me." She muttered. 

Tom and the twins growled, seeing how she now held herself. "Rosie, he was using your fear for your godfather's safety to make it stronger, you aren't weak." Fred stated looking to the young woman. She looked up at him and smiled a tiny little smile.