Chapter Seven

Rosalie sits with the twins in the common room

Rosalie sits with the twins in the common room. When Ronald approached them. "How did you do it?" He asked her. But Rosalie says nothing she was in still so much shock. "Never mind. Doesn't matter. You could have let your best friend know though." Ronald mutters.

Rosalie's eyes turn to him with a firm look in her eyes. "Best friend? We aren't even friends Ronald." Rosalie growls. "And why should I tell you anything?" She questioned.

"But we, we are friends." Ronald muttered.

"I didn't ask for this to happen Ronald." She said. "Okay? She finished.

"Yeah, that's me, Ronald Weasley... Not Rosalie's best friend." Ronald stated glaring at her.

"I didn't put my name in that cup. I don't WANT eternal glory I just wanna be... Look, I don't know what happened tonight and I don't know why, it just did ok." Rosalie muttered. "Piss off." She whispered. Ronald backs away leaving her to the twins.

The following day Rosalie watches as a woman appears in a puff of smoke. She's well-groomed and dressed colourfully. "What a charismatic quartet. Hello!" She greets them all. Rosalie scowls looking at Rita Skiter.

The four tri-wizard champions are stood together in a group. She walks over to them and shakes each of their hands.

"I'm Rita Skeeter, I write for the daily prophet. But of course you know that don't you. It's you we don't know, you're the news. What quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks? What mysteries do the muscles mask? Does courage lie beneath those curls? In short, what makes a champion tick. Me, myself, and I want to know. Not to mention my rabid readers. So, who's feeling up to sharing? Mmm? Shall we start with the youngest. Lovely." She says in a fast words. Before grabbing Rosalie and dragging her away.

"This is cosy." Rita says.

Rosalie looks to her with a deadpan look. "It's a broom cupboard."

"You should feel right at home then." Rita states, making a growl leaving the girls lips at the implication. "Don't mind if I use the quill, do you?" She asked.

"I do mind, I'm a minor and I'm not staying here." Rosalie says leaving the room. "I don't even want to compete." She mutters before walking out of the cupboard and leaving the woman spluttering.

Rita follows the girl calling out to her. "No, I'm not having you say disgusting things about me, or people I have around me. So leave me alone!" Rosalie shouts before opening the slamming the door behind her.

Inside the common room once more, Rosalie looks out the window and glared at the world. With so much anger, she turned to see everyone looking at her. "What!" She cried getting frustrated. Everyone quickly looks away from her and going back to whatever they were doing. When everyone left to go to bed. Rosalie followed.

Down by the lake, Rosalie watches as Neville looks at all the underwater plants he had been collecting. "Amazing. Amazing." She hears Neville mutter.

"Neville! You're doing it again!" Rosalie calls out with a laugh.

"Oh, right sorry." Neville whispers with a pink hue on his cheeks.

"Magical water plants of the highland Lochs?" Rosalie read, looking over the book.

"Moody gave it to me. As a sorry for what happened." Neville states, as he looks behind Rosalie and see Hermione and Ronald, he waves.

Rosalie sighs as she hears the whispered words of Hermione. "We've already been through enough people why don't you just go and do it yourself? Ugh. What do you want me to say again?"

Ronald whispers some words to Hermione. It's clear Ronald and Rosalie are not on speaking terms. Hermione walks up to Rosalie.

"Ronald would like me to tell you that Seamus told him that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid was looking for you." Hermione stated as Rosalie looked to her with a raised brow.

"Okay, I'll go talk to him then." Rosalie stated before letting the two leave. No more words shared between them.

"Has something happened between you guys?" Neville asked.

"You could say that." Rosalie answered. Neville saw that she didn't feel like talking so left it at that.

When the light of the sun disappeared Rosalie walks with Hagrid through the dark forest. "Did you bring your father's cloak like I asked you?" Hagrid asked the young girl who quickly held the cloak up.

"Yeah, I brought the cloak. Hagrid where are we going?" She asked as she placed the cloak back down.

"You'll see soon enough. Pay attention this is important." Hagrid whispered. Rosalie soon noticed the flower in his hand. Frowning she looks at the half-giant.

"What's with the flower? Hagrid have you combed your hair?" She started questioning him as she look over how dapper he looked then he usual and is carrying a big red flower.

"As a matter of fact I have. You might like to try the same thing now and again." Hagrid says. Suddenly Rosalie hears noises and then Madame Maxime calls out to Hagrid.

"Hagrid?"

"Oh, the cloak. Put the cloak on." Hagrid orders and Rosalie does as she is told. "Bonsoir." Hagrid greets the woman.

"Oh Hagrid. I thought you weren't coming, I thought perhaps... you had... forgotten me." The woman whispered as she looks to Hagrid.

"Couldn't forget you madame." Hagrid whispers.

"What is it you want to show me? When we spoke earlier you sounded so exhilarated." Madame Maxim says as they all begin to walk, her obviously not knowing about Rosalie following them.

"You'll be glad you came. Trust me." Hagrid stated. Rosalie jumps as she hears a dragon nearby give a loud roar.

"Ahh, c'est magnifique!" Madam Maxim calls in shock. In an opening we see people are running about, dragons are roaring and breathing fire. "Can we get closer?" She asks. As she leaves Rosalie throws the cloak off herself.

"Dragons? That's the first task? You're joking." Rosalie huffs as she looks at the creatures.

"Come on Rose. They're seriously misunderstood creatures." Hagrid says as one sets off a huge wall of flames. "Although, I have to admit that horntail is a right nasty piece of work. Poor Ronald nearly fainted just seeing him you know." Hagrid states.

"Weasley was here?" Rosalie questions.

"Oh sure. His brother Charlie helped bring him over from Romania. Didn't Ron tell you that?" Hagrid questions.

"No he didn't. He didn't tell me a thing." Rosalie growled. "Neither did the twins. But I won't get up them yet, I hadn't seen them for a bit." She whispered, before throwing her cloak back on and leaving Hagrid.

***************************
Someone's coming...