Chapter Twelve

Soft music plays and everyone is well dressed, gathered in the hall

Soft music plays and everyone is well dressed, gathered in the hall. Rosalie walks down the halls, her hair tied up in a half-up, half-down style. Little pearls decorated through out the curls. And her dress well her dress was another story. It wasn't a simple prom dress that she was going for no, her father had decided that she deserved to wear a dress fit for a princess and have all eyes on her. 

With the skirt sticking out so wide it created an illusion of a thin waist. The corset was held tight, along the top, butterflies were intricately placed around her arms and breasts along the sleeves. She had decided to wear a small amount of makeup, her vampire genes helping her gorgeous features. Her emerald green eyes sparkled with excitement as she came to the stairs. She saw everyone mingling around but her eyes were purely on Tom. 

"Here you are Mister Syltherin. Are you and Miss Potter ready?" She heard McGonagall ask. "Where is Miss Potter?" She questioned before turning and seeing Lily and James's daughter make her way down the staircase.

All eyes were on her. Her dad had been right. Everyone was looking to her, all of them ignoring Hermione who descended down the stairs after Rosalie. The girl behind her glaring angrily.

"Tom." Rosalie greeted smiling at her soulmate. Whose lips lifted into a serene smile.

"Rosalie." Tom whispered back. "We are ready Professor." Tom said as he took Rosalie right hand, placing it in the nook of his left elbow. The pair gliding into the hall with the other champions in front. Not once did they take their eyes off each other.

Cobalt blue looking into emerald green.

Loud orchestral music plays as the champions head to the dancefloor with their partners. And as they all danced all students came to the agreement that the best dancers were, Tom Syltherin and Rosalie Potter. How a Syltherin and Gryffindor became an item they would never know.

With turns, and lifts the pair never took their eyes off each other as they danced. A smile rested on both their faces as Tom would spin her under his arm and hold her waist once more. Rosalie would continue to follow his lead as they went around in a circle together with the other champions. 

Neither caring for the jealous looks or the looks of awe from the students. Though one look was that of pride and joy. Rosalie's father and her family watched from the mirror that Fred held as she danced around the room in the arms of her soulmate.

"Are you proud Lily?" Niklaus whispered as tears welled up in his eyes. "Because I'm proud of our little girl. So proud." 

McGonagall took sight of the mirror and saw Niklaus's tears and the pride in his eyes. And she had a thought. Lily and James had not been together for long, so how is it, that Rosalie is James's daughter. But she shook the thought away as soon she and Dumbledore joined in with the champions along with Mr Filch and his cat, Hagrid, and Madame Maxime. While Moody sat on the sidelines drinking. 

When the Weird Sisters came on, Rosalie and Tom took the time to go and sit, drink their pumpkin juice, and enjoy sometime talking about anything and everything.

"Rose, you were absolutely gorgeous dancing out there!" Fred cried as he and George approached the pair. Rosalie giggled as she stood from her chair and hugged the twins.

"Your dad would be so proud." George muttered as he hugged her tight.

"Good thing we stole your mirror from your room so they could all see it." Fred laughed as he handed the mirror to her. Rosalie's eyes were wide.

"Why?" She asked. "Not that I'm mad or anything." She said as an afterthought.

"Well, your dad may have given us a letter, asking that we showed him your first dance. He missed out on so much before, he wanted to at least see you dance." George responded. A smile on his face. 

Rosalie sniffled a tiny bit before hugging them. "Thank you." She whispered. "Now go back to your dates, they are probably wondering where you have gone." Rosalie laughed. The twins nodded and left Rosalie and Tom, Rosalie instantly hugging Tom as her eyes filled with tears.

"What's wrong?" Tom whispered as he held her tightly.

"I don't understand but, I feel bad that my mum and dad, never got to see all my firsts, I mean mum must have seen me say my first word and the first time I walked, but dad never did." Rosalie whispered. "I feel bad." She stated.

Tom thought for a moment before a memory flickered in his head.

'I know my daughter is meant to be with you, so please remember this. All her firsts are locked away at Gringotts, for her and her father to see. Only she can get to them. Please.'

Lily's words rang in his head as he looked down to his little witch. "Tom?" She questioned seeing his face blank, her eyes filled with worry.

"Your mother, she knew this would happen, so she locked memories of your first's away in Gringotts, for you and your father." Tom stated, as Rosalie's eyes popped open.

"You mean... she kept them safe." Rosalie whispered. "All this time I thought I had nothing of them, nothing of when I was little." Rosalie said. Her eyes filling with tears. But they were not tears of sadness, they were tears of happiness.

She had more of her mum and her dad, James. 

"Come on lets dance some more, and then we can tell your father everything." Tom whispered. Rosalie laughed as he pulled her back onto the dance floor, both jumping around and swaying to the beats that surrounded them.

And when the night came to a close, Tom walked Rosalie back to her dorm, kissed her cheek and whispered her a sweet goodnight. Rosalie softly whispering her goodnights and letting the older boy of a year leave to his own dorm room.

Once inside the common room, Rosalie let a tiny squeal leave her lips as she bounded over to the twins, the pair smiling at her bright grin.

And their smiles never left their lips as Rosalie told them of her night. Her father and her family listening as well through the mirror. Rosalie had only felt this happiness once in her life. When she found out she wasn't alone anymore.

Now she really knew she had a family.