Chapter 43: Second Cultural Festival

Weeks passed, and the culture festival of the school is just a week away. Clubs and classes were in full swing for preparations.

Classes just finished and both Kanae and Miko were waiting for something outside the school gate. They weren't heading home yet, and both Ei and Sara had gone already. Instead, the two were waiting for the book copies from the Yae Publishing House in Kyoto, owned by the Yae family.

"How many copies are made?" Kanae asked.

"About... three hundred. A hundred for each book, but we were given extra copies for each club members of the three clubs that collaborated." Miko answered.

"Then, aren't we going to need more hands? Just me wouldn't be enough to carry boxes of three hundred book copies." Kanae said.

"Well, the thing is... The others are busy decorating the club room." Miko paused for a few seconds, that's when Kanae realized he was in trouble.

"You're about to say I have to go back for each box until all of them are brought to the club room, are you?" Kanae asked.

"Just ask at least one other person. Like, Gorou or Zhongli." Kanae begged Miko.

"Oh dear. I think I might have forgotten my phone in the clubroom." Miko smiled at him.

"..." Kanae could only stare at Miko in disbelief for sounding like she left her phone on purpose.

"Oh, that's the car." Miko said, pointing at a car approaching them.

The car was parked inside the school's parking space. The people who brought the boxes of books were from the Yae Publishing House. They left the books with Kanae and Miko before leaving to head back to Kyoto.

"I'm not sure if I can carry this." Kanae said, staring at large three boxes that reached his waist already.

Kanae ended up carrying it to the tea time club room with the help of two other students passing by who agreed to help.

"Thank you for the help." Kanae thanked the two students as they left.

"It's no problem. Just give us a 10% discount on one of the books tomorrow, haha!" One of them waved at Kanae before finally coming out of sight.

"These book covers are indeed high quality. As expected of the Yae Publishing House." Albedo said, checking on one of the book copies.

"Eh? You've been there before?" Kokomi asked.

"Yes. Xingqiu once wrote a book and had me create the book cover." Albedo said.

"Oh? What are those books? I might try reading them." Kokomi asked.

"The Legend Of The Sword." Albedo answered, and Kokomi froze.

"Y-You mean, the one written by  Zhenyu?" Kokomi asked.

"Yes. I go under the name of Calx on creating book covers." Albedo nodded with a smile.

"No wonder the book cover designs seemed professional." Kazuha said.

"You flatter me." Albedo lightly laughed.

Albedo walked around the clubroom to see how the decorations are going, he noticed that Sucrose was having a hard time hang a decoration on the door frame and decided to help.

"You can let me..." Albedo paused when he realized he couldn't reach it either.

"How disappointing. I can't reach it either." Albedo said, reaching for the door frame.

"Ah, have I borrowed the ladder too long? Here, I just finished." Noelle said while carrying the ladder.

After some time, they finally finished the decorations at the same time the sun went down.

"Everyone, we finally finished. We can go home now." Guizhong said, telling everyone to take a rest.

"Looking at it now, it seems we have done a lot of progress. The decorations are indeed superb. Thanks to everyone's hard work, especially the art club." Zhongli said as he looked around the room.

"Let's do our best to present our clubs tomorrow." Albedo said.

"Yeah!" They cheered.

They all went home, but Miko said she had to organize something and Kanae wanted to wait for her since it was already night. He wouldn't be able to sit still if Miko were to go home alone at night.

"There, all done. We can go home now, Kanae." Miko said as she was standing up from the chair she was sitting on earlier.

"Let's have dinner outside together." Kanae said as he also stood up.

"Well, if you want to, sure. This is absolutely a once in a lifetime opportunity. What a lucky girl I am." Miko smiled and they put their winter coats on.

"It's starting to get colder than I anticipated." Kanae said as the two of them walked in the school hallway after leaving the club room.

"Where should we eat?" Miko asked.

"I was thinking of hotpot. But if you want to go somewhere, let's go there. I'm alright with eating something you like." Kanae said.

"No, I'm fine with hotpot. I would have suggested it as well." Miko said, and the two of them left to head to a hotpot restaurant.