Chapter 37: Big Brother Duties

The next day, Kanae woke up to Sanae on his face.

"Griseo, don't put your phone so close to my face." Kanae said.

"Hey. Wake up. Wake up." Sanae looked at Kanae without even blinking once.

"What is it, sister?" Kanae asked.

"Bring Griseo around the city today. She told me she wants to, but she's too shy to tell you." Sanae told him.

"Okay, okay. I'll cook breakfast for the two of us-" Kanae was interrupted by Sanae.

"You're eating outside with Griseo. She wants to try breakfast from the city."Sanae said.

"Huh? Is my breakfast not good enough?" Kanae asked.

"No, that's not the point." Griseo and Sanae looked at Kanae in disbelief.

Kanae and Griseo ended up going to eat breakfast in the bakery owned by the same mother who hit Kanae with a bag on the back of the head.

"Kanae, this is delicious." Griseo said as she ate the cheesecake Kanae ordered for her.

"Kosma is definetly punching the air right now." Kanae smiled while he watched Griseo eat.

"This is delicious, but I can't find myself to like using its color in a painting." Griseo said.

"Ki-Kiritani-kun!" A wild Yelan has appeared outside.

"Kanae, there's a weird lady staring at us outside. Is she homeless? Should we give her food?" Griseo asked, pointing at the window.

"Huh? What are you talking about- Whoa! Yelan?" Kanae was surprised to see Yelan outside the window.

After a while, Yelan bought some food and joined Kanae with Griseo on their table.

"It's been a long time since I last saw you, Kiritani-kun. I think it was during the summer camp." Yelan said.

"Is she your little sister? The two of you seem close." Yelan asked while giving Griseo a smile.

"This is Griseo. My sister told me to watch over her while she's in a summer vacation." Kanae said.

"Nice to meet you, Griseo. I'm Yelan, Kanae's classmate." Yelan smiled at Griseo who was holding onto Kanae's arm.

"Nice to meet you." Griseo greeted Yelan.

"She's really cute." Yelan said.

"What grade are you now, Griseo?" Yelan asked.

"I'm in seventh grade in middle school." Griseo said.

Yelan and Griseo conversed for a while until Kanae decided it was time for him and Griseo to leave.

"Well, then. I'm heading home, Kiritani-kun. See you next time. I have something to ask you later, so please read it since you rarely read or reply to any of our messages." Yelan told him.

"Yeah, I'll read it. See you." Kanae said and Yelan left.

"Your girlfriend?" Griseo asked.

"No, she's not even my type. But I've got to say, she's prettier than most girls in our school." Kanae said.

"I like the color of her hair. The gradient from black to blue. It's really pretty." Griseo smiled while writing down something on her notebook.

"Huh? Kiritani-kun... Long time no see." Ganyu appeared with a little girl who oddly looks a bit similar to Griseo, but a younger.

"It's such a rare thing to see you outside during summer! You'd usually complain about the heat." Ganyu smiled.

"It's not that hot today, so I thought I could go outside." Kanae said.