Chapter 42: Not-so Job Interview

After a few months, classes ended, Kanae was on his way somewhere without Miko or anyone else. He was alone, walking down the streets of Tokyo.

"Sheesh, it's starting to get cold now. It won't be long before it starts snowing next month. I don't even think my wintercoat still fits me." Kanae thought as he stared st his reflection on a window.

"I've gotten just as tall as them. Childe and the others didn't grow any taller anymore. I guess they were just early bloomers and I was a late bloomer." Kanae muttered.

"Oh, my. I've been expecting you." A lady around the same age as Sanae walked out of the store of the window Kanae was staring at.

"Geh-! I wasn't staring at the window for too long that I weirded you out, did I?" Kanae worriedly asked, also embarrassed.

"Oh, of course not! Come inside, your sister has told me about you." The lady told Kanae and invited him inside.

"This must be the coffee shop sister told me to work for." Kanae thought as he looked around when he entered.

The two of them sat on the table where they talked.

"We don't have enough employees yet, so we're not starting for now. Come sit and join me for a cup of coffee for now. What coffee would you like?" The lady kindly asked.

"Oh, if it's fine with you. I'll have black coffee. Thank you." Kanae said.

The lady went to the bar behind the counter where she brewed coffee and returned with two cups of coffee.

"Here is your cup of coffee~" The lady sat back on their table and handed Kanae his cup of coffee.

"Oh, dear... I think I might have forgotten introductions... My name is Hirota Riri. I've heard about you from my older brother, Ryo as well. Nice to meet you, Kiritani Kanae-kun." Riri extended her hand for Kanae to shake which he did.

"You really remind me of onii-chan. Kiritani Sanae-san told me you're very caring around her." Riri said.

"Ah... How I miss him. He was at Tokyo the other month to pick up Griseo. That's also when he first met you, right?" Riri asked.

"H... He's literally standing behind you." Kanae slowly raised his hand to point at the tall man behind Riri.

"I really love and miss onii-chan so much. I wish he would visit me, but he's busy working, so he's focusing on-" Riri giggled, but it was cut short by a pair of arms wrapping around her.

"Hello there." Ryo smiled as he hugged his sister.

"GYAH!! What are you doing here, Aniue?!" Riri escaped from Ryo's hug.

"She changed sides real quick..." Kanae could only stare at the two.

"You heard it, right Kiritani-kun?" Ryo asked with a smile.

"Uh... Heard what?" Kanae asked, following Riri's silent order to shake his head.

"Geez, when am I even going to hear you say you love me for once. It's been ten years already since I last heard you say that." Ryo frowned.

"Who cares about your feelings?! Get out of here, I'm in the middle of a meeting!" Riri shouted, pushing her brother out of the coffee shop.

"Hello, Kiritani-kun!" Ryo waved at Kanae, but Kanae just gave him a small wave.

"Hirota Ryo-san must be having a hard time around her..." Kanae thought, watching Ryo be pushed by his sister.

Riri finally kicked out Ryo from her coffee shop, but he just continued staring at them at the window outside.

"I take it back. Hirota Riri-san must be having a hard time around him..." Kanae sweat dropped at Ryo, eating fried chicken outside while holding a box with 'I want to share this box of chicken with you' written.

"Ugh, I can't stand him. I already told him I'm on a diet!" Riri returned after she locked entrance and backdoor of the coffee shop.

"Sorry about earlier. Let's avoid the topic of my brother for now, and let's talk about the interview for now." Riri said.

"What are your strengths and weaknesses? And when are you available, so I can make your schedule." Riri asked.

Kanae answered all of the given questions and discussed more for a while with Riri.

"Tell me your contact info, so I can tell you when you can work. As of now, we still lack a few more employees, so we can't start that instantly. Unless a miracle happens, you know?" Riri asked.

"Yes, here is my LINE ID." Kanae handed his phone to Riri and she added him on LINE.

"Well, then. I'll let you know when we can start." Riri said.

Kanae said his goodbyes and went home, feeling a lot less nervous than earlier after being accepted.