Beautiful Creatures

Harry, Mirabel, and Bruno got permission to head back to Columbia for Christmas break a few days early.

There was no specific reason for this, it's just that the last few days before the break started there weren't any classes so with Mcgonagall's permission they left a few days early.

Harry was both nervous and excited, his first Christmas with the Madrigals. He did not know what to except, if there were any special traditions they upheld, if they're were family traditions, Columbian ones, he didn't want to ask though out of nerves.

Bruno seemed nervous too because it was his first holiday back for the first time in ten years.

The first evening back Mirabel spent it in Antonio's room. Somehow the small boy had made even more animal friends than last time and his parents made him put a limit on how many animals were allowed in his room.

"And it's so hard! They all give me these eyes and I don't want to say no to them! And it's not fair because Tio Bruno has twenty rats and I'm only allowed ten," Antonio complains to Mirabel as she pushes him on his swing set inside his room.

"Well I'm pretty sure they learnt the eye thing from you. Hard to say no to those big adorable eyes of yours," Mirabel said stopping the swing for a moment to tickle the boy who giggles.

"Who do you think I should let sleep in my room?" Antonio asks. "Hmm well if you had to choose your top three?" Mirabel asks. "I would choose Parce because he's cuddly, Pico because he's funny, and Scales," That last one sounded new. "Who's Scales?" Mirabel asks.

"Over here miss," Mirabel turns her head and saw a large boa snake resting on the branch above. "That's Scales, people say he's really scary, but he's actually really cuddly like Parce and he scares off the mean farmers that mami doesn't like," Antonio explains. "Yes it is always quite fun to watch them run," the snake sounded smug.

Rolling her eyes Mirabel continues pushing Antonio. "Oh Fuego's gonna be jealous you didn't choose her in that list," she jokes. "But Fuego prefers your room better," Antonio pouts. Clearly he would love to have the Phoenix in his room. "Well she might not like the reptiles very much," Mirabel said. "Oh we may look scary, but a snakes just gotta make a living. Like those rats of your Tio's," Scales said. "Uh huh try eating my papa's rats and I'll turn you into one," Mirabel threatens. Antonio suddenly jumps up from the swing and exclaims.

"You heard him!?" Mirabel blinks confused when she remembered. "Oh Antonio did you forget? It has been awhile since I spoke to a snake," Mirabel explains. "You speak to animals too!?" He exclaims with bright wonder eyes. Giggling Mirabel shook her head. "Just the snakes Tonito and not like you. I speak snake too while you just speak Spanish and they still understand you," By the look on his face Antonio clearly doesn't understand it. "You'll understand the difference when your older. For now let's just call it a wizard thing," she explains.

"Can Harry speak snake too?" Antonio asks. "Yeah he can, but he doesn't," Suddenly Antonio jumps out of his swing and bolts out of his room.

"Tonito wait!" Mirabel runs out of the room following him. Antonio rushed around the Casita yelling. "Harry! Harry! Harry!" With energy only a five year old had. Delores opens her bedroom door and said softly. "Harry's in the courtyard helping Tio Augustine cut the wood-hm!" She squeaks. "Thanks Lolo!" Antonio said rushing down the stairs. Mirabel follows him as Antonio rushes up behind Harry who was learning how to swing a axe.

"Harry!" Antonio yells. Harry jumps and dropped the axe where it landed on Augustine's foot. Only the blunt top part hit his foot yet they could all hear the bones crack.

He lets out a piercing yelp and pulls the axe off quickly grabbing a cookie from his pocket and eating it. This healed him and he sighs in relief.

"Sorry," Harry winces. "Oh don't worry kid I've had worse. One time I accidentally accidentally swung the sharp edge into my back. If it wasn't for my beautiful mi Amore I'd be dead a hundred times over by now," he explains then looks at Antonio. "But Antonio sneaking up on people is wrong," He chastises and Antonio looks ashamed. "Sorry Tio," he said.