Looney Luna

Today was the day. The day Mirabel and Harry return to Hogwarts. Since the Dursely's incident the Madrigals had been very affectionate towards him and Harry was unsure he wanted to leave that.

Julieta would give him food and motherly kisses on the forehead each morning, Felix and Pepa would affectionately call him Sobrino, the grandkids would pull him in for hugs randomly, and Alma gave him affectionate smiles. He didn't really like the pity though.

That was until he caught Pepa trying to get to the Dursley's to. "Teach them a lesson for hurting my sunshine and sobrino!" Mirabel said the only reason she didn't let her aunt through was because she didn't want her Tia going to Azkaban for murdering the Dursley's.

Julieta looks them both over and Mirabel giggles. "Mama we have everything!" She said. "Now remember every Sunday you have to," Julieta began. "Visit to let you know we're alright and if I come at any other time I have to say hi. Yes Mama don't worry it's going to be fine. The castle is going to be completely safe," Mirabel assures. "But at the first sign of trouble you will?" Augustine asks. "Summon the door and not do anything stupid," Mirabel said. "Pretty hard for her," Camilo snarks and everyone rolls their eyes at him.

Julieta gives both of them a really big kiss on the cheek.

"Stay safe okay?" She asks them and they nodded. Mirabel opens the door and with one more goodbye from her family her and Harry walked through the door. They ended up in a corner of platform nine of three quarters and they had arrived early so no one was around yet. Mirabel and Harry got all their stuff boarded and than they stepped on the empty train.

Or mostly empty until Harry saw Neville in a compartment with some weird potted plant. The boy looked up when he saw them and he broke out into a wide grin. "Mirabel!" He cheers and jumps up hugging her. Mirabel smiles and hugs him back. "Nevie I missed you," Mirabel said. "I did too. You don't write enough," Neville said. "She didn't write at all," Harry jokes. Neville looks at him confused. "What do you mean she wrote to me plenty," he said and turns to her. "Sorry I couldn't go to your quincenara," he apologizes.

"It's okay Nevie it wasn't your fault," Mirabel assures. Harry's brow creases and he looks confused. "I'm sorry you didn't send letters to us. But you sent them to him?" Harry asks feeling very offended. "Also when did you get the chance to invite him to your quince?" Harry asks.

"During the party I opened the door to invite him, but his grandmother said no," Mirabel answers. "It was so weird when the door just opened in my room and she was on the other side. Got to admit I thought I was dreaming," Neville said blushing embarrassed. "But still you were writing to him?" Harry clarifies. Mirabel fiddles with her sleeve and does not make eye contact with Harry.

Neville looks confused between the two and slightly offended. "Why is that a surprise?" He asks. "Because she wasn't writing to anyone else," Harry said looking at Mirabel. "I... does it really matter?" She asks him. Neville shook his head and Harry concedes for now just so he didn't upset her.

They caught up on their summers and Harry nearly mentioned Mirabel's obscurous problem to Neville, but then the girl kicked his shin and distracted Neville by asking questions about his new plant. Harry decides he'll wait till Neville leaves or something before he asks questions.

Eventually Neville does leave for a moment when he realizes he left his frog Trevor with his grandmother still on the platform and he runs off. "Mirabel," "Harry I know what your going to say," Mirabel cuts him off. "And I'm still going to say it. How come he was the only one you sent letters to the entire summer? We were worried sick about you so why did you message him frequently and not us?" Harry asks. Harry felt genuinely hurt and offended that out of everyone she wrote to Neville when Harry actually really needed her. Mirabel does not make eye contact and looks out the window. "You would have known if you bothered asking him," She said.