42

Zion dice Santos

I looked, and looked for her but I couldn't find her. I was starting to get worried. Where could she be? She couldn't have gone far.

After all it was graduation, maybe she went to the car to get something? No, I have the keys, she wouldn't have been able to get inside the car.

God, why does my heart feel so weird?

Did she leave? I searched for Dylan but didn't find him either, so my next person to search for was Bella, my worst enemy.

I mostly didn't like her because she tries taking Everly from me whenever she enters the room and sometimes I question if I would hit a girl or not?

Of course I wouldn't because Everly would be mad at me, and I wouldn't be able to live another day if I found out she was mad at me.

"Bella, have you seen Everly?" I ask a little breathless. "No, why?" She questions and I just shake my head at her.

My eyes scan over the field again, but with my luck I don't find her anywhere. I pull out my phone and start to call her.

It goes straight to voicemail.

"Fuck." I throw my phone against the ground and run my hands through my hair in frustration. Students and parents look at me weirdly but I don't care.

I start running to my car but hear my name being called. "Zion, wait." Bella calls from behind me. "Where are you going?" She asks and I stop in my tracks and turn around.

She takes a step back from me and I realize that I'm probably scaring her from how pissed off I look. "To find Everly." I say.

I'm trying my hardest to stay calm but when the love of my life just disappeared on me, it's very difficult too.

"Okay, calm down Zion. I'm sure she's fine, maybe she wasn't feeling well and Dylan took her back home." She assured me but that just pissed me off more.

Why would she go to Dylan? Why not me?

Without another word spoken I stormed off to my car. I'm beyond pissed. I've never felt this kind of rage before. The last time I was this pissed and scared at the same time was when I found Everly in the alley with that fucking creep following her.

I didn't know then but I had an instinct to protect and care for her. I was just too stupid, and stubborn to notice.

After I got in my car, I sped to Bella's house hoping that Everly would be there in bed or something.

"Please be there." I whisper to myself.

"I need you to be there." I close my eyes for a split second, open them, and them drift around the corner to Bella's house.

After I made it there which felt like an eternity, I hopped out of my car and ran to the front door, throwing it open.

The first thing I noticed was Dylan's car wasn't in the driveway and the second was that her shoes, and his weren't here.

"Everly?" I call through the house hoping for a response. Nothing. "Everly?" I call again, this time making my way up to our room.

Barging into the room to find some clothes scattered on the floor and the drawers open. I rush over to the closet and see that her clothes are gone.

Then I run up to the dresser, and look inside the drawers to find her clothes are all gone. Everything here is almost completely gone.

I run into the bathroom, and look to see all her belongings in there are gone too, but when I see the note hanging on the mirror I rip it down and take a look at it.