33

Everly Sky heart

As soon as I heard his voice it was like the whole world went silent. My heart started racing and I felt like it would explode any minute.

Zion's hand reaches behind him and I immediately grab it as I lean into him for comfort. I can't do this without him, and I know if anything happens that he will protect me.

"What do you want?" Zion hisses and it sends a shiver down my back from how harsh he sounds.

"To see my daughter" my father calmly says like it's a normal thing.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Zions voice raises from his anger.

"You let that excuse of a person rape your daughter under your own damn roof and you have the audacity to call her your daughter" he was basically yelling at this point.

Tears stream down my face as I grip his hand tighter. 

"Everly, we're going home now." My father demands but I shake my head no even though he can't see me.

"Everly" he says through clenched teeth.

I stay still.

Heavy footsteps step inside the house, "get out" Zions voice was firm with no emotion that he was scared.

"I said out before I make you get out."

I hear my father scoff, "she'll leave just like her mother, don't say I didn't warn you" I snap my head up at him mentioning my mother.

I step aside from Zion and his arm immediately wraps around me as if I he was afraid of me getting hurt or leaving him.

"Don't you dare bring my mother into this" I yell, tears streaming down my face.

"She left because you abused her every single day just how you did with me." His face reams with anger and I can tell he wants to say something but Zion doesn't give him the chance as he slams the door shut.

My legs finally give out and I feel my body slowly fall I hit floor arms wrap securely around me.

"You're okay, you're okay" Zions arms wrap around me and I sob into his chest as we sit here on the ground.

"How could he talk about her that way?" My breath shaky.

"He had no right, she left because she had no other choice. He would h-have killed h-her" my voice starts to crack from how hard I'm crying.

"Hey, it's okay Everly" he draws circles on my back as he starts to calm me down. "She got away and so did you" he whispers into my ear.

"He was going to take me away, Zion"

"No." His voice firm.

"I would never let him take you away from me, nor anyone else." He takes both sides of my face forcing me to look up at him.

"Oh, baby. Don't cry" he wipes my tears and I nod my head weakly.

"Take a deep breath in through your nose and out through your mouth, do it with me" he takes a breath in and I follow as we both breath out.

I do that a couple of times with him and feel myself start to calm down.

"Better?" He sends a warm smile while looking down at me.

I nod my head as I give him a smile "better"

I Yelp as he picks me up bridle style and starts to carry my up the stairs.

"Put me down, Zion" I demand but he doesn't listen, in fact he doesn't even say anything as he Carry's me into the guest room we've been staying in at Bella's.

He carefully lowers me down into the bed and climbs in next to me as he throws the cover over us and I let out a little giggle as he lays his head on my belly.

My eyes start to get heavy but I force them to stay open as I play with Zions hair.

I've always loved playing with his hair, it's just so soft. I hear him sigh in relief and can tell he's enjoying it.

I get a notification from my phone and pick it up only for me to see another email from the school. Bella's dad tried to tell them I wasn't feeling good but since he's not my parent or a legal guardian there isn't much for him to do.

"It's the school again" I sigh as I shut my phone off and place it back on the bed.

"They keep emailing me about when I'm going back, maybe I should go back tomorrow" I sigh as I look back up at the ceiling.

Zion lifts his head and I feel his gaze on me so I look back down at him.

"Well do you want to" I think for a moment, I am okay but will I see him?

"If you don't want to go then don't, the school can go fuck themselves." I sniffle a laugh and shake my head no to him.

"The school is what's going to get me into collage and get a good job" I run my hands through his hair and he closes his eyes.

"I'm gonna need money to support our family" and with that he shoots his eyes open and lifts himself up from the bed by his arms.

"Really" he has the biggest smile on his face and it makes me smile. I nod my head yes while biting my bottom lip.

His eyes follow the action and I watch his Adam's apple bob up and down as he gulps.

Why was that so sexy?

Without even thinking I lean up and kiss him and he immediately kissed back. I move my lips against his and he slicks my bottom lip for an entry and I give it to him by opening my mouth.

His tongue meets mine and it feels good, he explores every inch of my mouth. I let out a soft moan when he bites my lip.

"You taste so good" he whispers against my lips. I lean back into the pillow and he lays his head back on my stomach.

My eyes start to get heavy as I get sleepier and sleepier.

"You're mine." He mumbles into my stomach causing me to lightly laugh.

I'll let him have this one so I just nod my head, "I'm yours" I whisper as I close my eyes but then my fathers words pop in my head, "she'll leave you just like her mother".

"I promise I'll always be there for you" I tell him, he smiles and places a kiss on my forehead before sleep starts to consume me.

"Please don't break that promise, I need you" is the last thing that is heard before I fall into a cozy sleep.