9

Everly Sky heart

Dylan and Bella dropped me off at my house after the fun day we had since I was exhausted and just wanted to flop onto my comfy bed.

I look over at the drive way to see my dads car is in the driveway, that's weird. He's never this early.

I head inside and straight to the kitchen to see my dad cooking some food.

"Ah good, you're here. I have my boss coming over tonight with his wife and son for business before I head off. Wear something casual but not to casual, alright" I nod my head yes and walk upstairs to my room to look for something to wear for tonight.

Since I can't wear anything that I usually wear I guess I would have to look for something nice.

scrounging through my closet, I finally find a black spaghetti strap dress with a little scrunch up at the bottom.

I haven't warn this in a long time, not since last year for a dance Bella brought me too

This will have to do since it's my only nice clothing, other than my school uniform.

I hear the door bell ring and then chatter come from downstairs.

Great their already here and I'm not even close to being ready yet.

I run to the bathroom with all the things I need to get ready, I quickly turn the shower on, I take my clothes off and hope in, "oooo" I let out, since I didn't wait for the water to warm up.

I grab my shampoo and start to wash my hair before putting some conditioner on the ends of my hair.

I start to wash my body and when I rinse all the soap off, I rinse my hair along with it. 

I jump out the shower with a towel wrapped around me.

After I finished drying myself I dry my hair with the blow dryer, leaving it a little damp so my curls don't go frizzy for when I brush it.

I pull the dress up my body and realize it's only goes up to my mid thigh, well that for sure will scrunch up when I sit down.

Well no one will see since we'll be at the dinner table after all.

I grab my mums necklace that she left me before she left and clip it on.

I brush through my hair a little and then check myself in the mirror.

I guess I look okay, the dress hugs my body really well, especially my hips and waist.

"Everly dear, come down here. It's time to eat" I hear my father call. I take a big breath, "you can do this Everly" I exhale and open the bathroom door, heading down the hallway to the stairs, people chatting gets louder and louder as I make my way downstairs.

I enter the kitchen and is instantly shocked from who I see. He sends me a smirk and raises one of his eyebrows.

He searches my face before his gaze slowly trails all the way down my body, leaving a hot trail wherever they land.

His jaw clenched and unclenches before he turns away from me, running his hand down his face from frustration.

Why would he be frustrated?

I shrug it off and take a seat at the dinner table, my dad takes a seat at the end of the table and this man who I assume is Zion's father, sits at the other end. While the woman sits next to me.

I send her a warm smile and she sends one back, "so glad I could finally meet you dear, your father has lots of pictures of you and your mother in his office" she frowns at the mention of my mother.

"I'm so sorry for what happened" she whispers to me while patting my thigh and then facing toward her husband.

Zion sits across from me and scoots in toward the table, his leg grazing mine as he does it.

Our eyes meet and I immediately look down at my empty plate, "so, shall we dig in?" My father says as he claps his hands together and then grabs the bowl of mashed potatoes.

I immediately grab the green beans and place them on my plate, I love green beans. I don't even know why, most people don't like them at all.

I think there really good. "So this is Everly heart" I nearly drop the bowl of green beans when I hear a voice say my name.

I place the bowl back down on the table and turn my head over to the man at the end of the table.

I send him a smile and nod my head, "I've heard a lot about you from your father dear, I'm Mr.Santos" he extends his arm and I shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you Mr.Santos" I lean back in my chair before grabbing the mashed potato's. "Have you met my son Zion? He's new to the school you go to." Mr.Santos says.

"Oh yes, I have him in most of my classes." I explain while glancing at Zion and then back at his father.

"Oh really, I'm glad." Mr.Santos looks up at my father and then clears his throat.

I look over at my father to see what's going on and my father places his fork down on his plate.

I tilt my head a little, confused on why they are acting weird. My father clears his throat and then leans forward.

"Everly, you know I'm going on a business trip tomorrow for about 2 weeks." I nod my head yes and stay quiet for him to continue on.

"Well, Mr.Santos here suggested his son watch you while I'm gone since he's going to be coming with me." I stand up from my chair, shocked from him saying I basically need a babysitter at the age of 17.

"Sit down right this instant" he demands and I do as I'm told. I hold in any argument that I'm about to have since I know if I start to act up, it won't end good for me later.

"He will be staying here to watch you when I leave, if anything happens he is to call me and report it. I suggest you to be on your best behavior." He picks his fork back up like he didn't just tell me I'm not capable of watching myself.

"But father, I'm 17. I'm pretty sure I'm capable of watching myself. Why do I need a boy my age to watch me." I question.

"Because this isn't like one of my regular trips, I will be gone longer then I have any other time before." My father Explains.

I look over at Zion to see him staring at me with a hidden smirk on his face.

I can tell he is enjoying every second of this.