A Receiving of Letters-Act 0

~Pin and Coiny's Perspective~

It was the dawn of a new day, fresh autumn flowers were blooming, the symphony of birds chirping and mushrooms sprouting. The dinging of the newspapers arriving on people's doorsteps, and a certain yellow letter with a reddish wax stamp. Dew rest on the dying trees and ivory leaves.  And for Coiny and Pin, a fresh new day of adventures.

"Coiny, have you seen my green pen anywhere?" Pin yelled out from the living room. She sighed and sat down at the couch to wait for a response, in the meanwhile, she sipped on the tea she had made. Blech, why did she make this, it wasn't very good.

"Nope! I do have a blue one if you really need a pen!" Coiny screamed from the other end of the house. Pin frowned and rested her tea down on the coffee table.

"That's alright, it's just a souvenir from our days in Yoyle Land!" Pin replied, still screeching. Coiny walked into the room and hopped onto the couch. Good thing too, Pin's ears were beginning to ring.

"Hmm. Well, I'll help you look after breakfast." Coiny smiled and patted her shoulder. Pin smiled and turned to look back at her tea.

"Coiny?" Pin asked, turning to him. He scrunched his eyebrows together.

"Yeah Pin?"

"Do you like it when I make us tea?"

"Huh? Oh, the chamomile? Yeah, it's good." Coiny smiled, and turned his head to notice the full cup of tea on the coffee table, "Is this about your ability to make it?" Coiny picked up the mug and frowned.

"A little bit, but, if you think it's good, I'll keep making it." Pin nodded, and cracked a little grin. They stared into each other's eyes for a while, before the door pounded.

"Oop! Mail's here. I'll get it! You make me a fresh cup of that good tea!" Coiny put the coffee cup down and ran outside. Pin sat in the happiness a moment before taking another sip of the tea. Maybe, when you have confidence in it, it's a little bit better.

"Hey! This letter's from Leafy!" Coiny frantically ran inside and slammed the door shut. Pin spat out the tea.

"Leafy?"

"Yeah! Yeah!"

"When did we last see her?"

"Like, ages ago!"

"Quick! Open it, open it!"

Coiny ripped at the letter, tearing it out of the envelope. He began to read it aloud to her.

"Dear Coiny, It is in my best hopes this letter reaches you in good health. I have just recently had the idea of inviting a select group of my good friends on an excursion. It will be a- Oooohhh! -All expense payed vacation to a resort in Yoyle Land! Along with Pin, one of my good friends, you two will work as a backbone to the group, hold it together, especially when I'm gone. - That's ominous. -A select group of others will be there too, specially picked for this group excursion. A list of people and their roles is on the back." Coiny finished and took a deep breath in.

"That's weirdly written, but also super nice of her." Pin tilted her head in confusion.

"Why don't we check the back." Coiny suggested, he turned the page, "Okay, Firey, not great. Oooh, Golfball's a bit of a jerk, not great either. Really? Flower? Was Leafy insane? Gone senile?" Coiny turned to Pin, who frowned at the insult.

"Anyway, she's not been that bad. Yikes, she really found it necessary to bring most of the Freesmarts?" Coiny grimaced, "Now for the good news. Loser, Needle, and we'll be there!" Coiny beamed and wrapped his hand around Pin.

"Right, when does it say we leave for Yoyle?" Pin asked, taking a sip of her tea.

"Oh I dunno. Doesn't say." Coiny shrugged, "Probably send us a message later."

"Ahhh, okay."

Pin smiled, but she noticed a small blotch in her vision, and Coiny began to shake and retracted his hand. Her vision grayed out further, she opened her mouth to speak but no words came out. She herself began to shudder and shake. Coiny looked at her fearfully. They stared at each other before they couldn't see anymore.

~Golfball and Tennis-ball's Perspective~

Tennis Ball and Golfball walked into a smallish room with blueish lighting. Golfball turned towards Tennis Ball.

"So have you built a Deconstruction & Combination Ray Gun?"

"Uhhh... no, not really." Tennis Ball replied, contorting his face in a peculiar way.

"It's quite simple really. Just- blah blah blah blah -" Golfball began to spam the room with science facts and ideas. Tennis Ball could say he understand it, He's just not quite as smart as her, he just builds and invents, he isn't truly that good with numbers. What did stand out was:

"Oh, and Leafy sent us an invite to a private vacation, but that doesn't really matter too much." Golfball quickly went back to chatting about her new idea.

"Now hold on Golfball, what did you say?" Tennis Ball frantically asked before she continued to speak.

"Oh, Leafy sent us a letter, you can read it." She handed it to him and awaited his finish. Tennis Ball read through it quickly and understood it quite well.

"Alright then, we should go with them." Tennis Ball suggested.

"Why do you say that?" Golfball asked, walked across the room towards a set of blueprints.

"We haven't seen any of these people in years GB!" Tennis Ball exclaimed, "It might be an interesting experience."

"Hmmm? We have interesting experiences right here in the lab!" She looked at the several inventions and creations they had produced inside the underground lab. Then picked up the blueprints to the Deconstruction & Creation Ray Gun.

"Look GB. I like it here a lot, especially with you, but I really think we need a vacation." Tennis Ball walked over to Golfball and put the blueprint down from out of her feet, "This might be the only shot we have."

Golfball looked at him remorsefully and sighed.

"Alright. I'll come. So, when do we leave?"

"I..." Tennis Ball suddenly began to shudder and shake. His vision graying out.

"TB?" Golfball asked before she herself began to sweat.

The two began to feel faint, and Tennis Ball dropped to his knees.  And suddenly fell over.

And then Golfball disappeared from his view.

~Needle's Perspective~

"I hate like half of these people."

-1067 Words!-