Twenty-eight

Your heart beats fast and steady as he runs next to you. You rarely need to stop to fight since most of the stronger soldiers stayed near the Main Hall. Kid focuses on his moves, collecting metal from every direction to prepare for the final battle.

You don't mind that he doesn't talk. You don't know what to say either. For now, it's enough that he's here.

"Three," shouts Killer. You turn around and fall back to him.

You tell Heat the last few turns, and he takes your place next to the redhead to lead the way.

Kid looks at you with a question in his eyes, but the blonde shakes his head a little with harsh laughing.

When the other man's attention turns back to the coming pirates, Killer turns to you.

He cuts down two enemies who somehow got through Heat's fire, and you throw the third one into the sea of metal flowing behind your group.

"Where did you go?" asks the blonde shortly.

Even if he trusts you, his priority is to take care of his crew. He wants to know what happened. You still hesitate before answering.

"Did Kid tell you about the boy who raised me?"

"Mhm."

You dodge an attack, and Killer slices instead of you to cut it short. Every movement of his is precise and fast.

You earned the name 'Massacre Soldier', didn't you?

"Promise appeared after I saw you," you whisper. "But I think he's dead. I don't know what happened or how, but it must have been some kind of sick illusion of my Devil Fruit. It works differently since it awakened. I don't think I have time to explain."

"We will talk through it once the war is over, fafafa," answers the blonde. You smile because part of you still can't process that they will be waiting for you. You'll be free and see the ocean. "Anything he said that might be important?"

You shiver from the memories but keep your mind calm.

"He wanted me to see something. I don't know if it was from the past or the future, but most likely the latter. I refused," you say quietly.

You are afraid of Kid's reaction now, even if you want to tell him later.

"Why?"

Your hold grows stricter around the hilt of your katana. The redhead clears the next corridor as Heat shows the way.

We're almost there.

But at least someone has to know what happened.

"He told me to forget Kid," you continue, keeping your voice as steady as possible. Killer looks at you for the first time since you arrived at his side. He holds back his questions. Neither of you has much time to talk at the moment, nor chance. "So I escaped."

"Why would Promise tell you something like that after he was the one who made the necklace?" asks the man.

You thrill as the last few words merge into laughter.

"I don't know. Maybe it wasn't him. I don't know, Killer."

He feels the tension in your voice and turns his head away when Kid looks back to make sure you are both okay. You smile at him when you see his smirk.

"Anything else?" asks the blonde silently after his friend's amber gaze finds the battle again. You take a deep breath.

"He said that when the time comes, Kid won't choose me," you whisper. Killer lours under his mask, his muscles strain. Your eyes find the burned scars on his arm.

Three [Eustass Kid × Reader]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara