Six

He takes a deep breath and shudders, but starts rocking you gently until you stop crying.

You aren't sure if he believed you or not.

"Can we try it again?" Kid asks a few minutes later. You tense up in his embrace and briefly shake your head.

"I'm not strong enough to use it frequently," you whisper. "Dreams don't like to be disturbed. They prefer if we aren't in control."

He looks away, to the grating of the cell.

"You woke up screaming, Three. You must have seen something," he says, and your heart trembles as you see worry deep inside his eyes.

"I don't know," you answer with a stiff voice, then alter the topic so you won't have to lie to him anymore. "I often wake up like that. It's even worse since all the nightmares I see were real for someone."

He scowls and runs his hand over your arm, but doesn't answer.

It slightly tickles your skin and your mouth opens by his chest, asking for air.

"How did Kaido know you have seen Laugh Tale, Three?" he asks.

You frown completely. Kid waits for a few seconds before forcing you to lean back so he can look into your eyes.

"How did they know?" he repeats. His voice turns to a deeper tone. You take a deep breath, but decide to tell him the truth.

"I was-"

The man suddenly jerks his head up and covers your mouth with his hand.

You choke on the words of your past that you haven't told anyone before.

"Someone's coming," he says silently. As he leans forward, his muscles tense up.

You see a cautious, vivid light shining in the amber of his iris as he uses his Observation Haki.

You thrill and leave his side, going to the corner which is the farthest from him.

Kid growls softly and lays on his side. He presses his index finger to the red lips to hush you.

You listen to him and close your eyes, pretending to be asleep. They didn't chain him to the wall after he got back from the torture. You think it might be that.

The footsteps arrive at the cell and stop only a few centimeters far from you. You hold back your breath.

What if they still decided to take me? Then he was hurt for nothing.

"Eustass," sounds the guard's voice. "Put your chain back."

You feel your heart beating faster.

"Or what?" asks back Kid. You open one of your eyes to look at him secretly. He notices it and sits up. You see as he grins at the man behind you. "Like I care about it."

Your pulse slows down as the shackle clinks when he locks it. He understood that the sooner he does it, the sooner the guard leaves.

But you see his smirk disappear when the other man opens the grating and steps inside.

You freeze down as he comes closer to you and leans down. Your stomach turns from his smell.

"Have you had enough fun with her, Eustass?" he asks. You hear the chain rattling behind you. "Can I borrow her now?"

You turn pale as the man's hand grabs your face and turns your head to the side.

Kid comes as close as he can, his shackle creaks as his power tenses against it. You look at him scaredly, asking him to act carefully.