Twenty-six

Killer pulls out his blades and shouts to his friends after seeing you.

Kid's metal fist reaches Apoo and smoke falls over the place.

"Get that woman here! The one with blue hair. She's Three!" laughs the blonde, then he turns to his Captain, even if he knows the redhead won't hear him now.

"You were working for Kaido the whole time!" yells Kid furiously, grabbing Apoo's collar. "You were his informant!"

"Kid! We gotta pull out!' shouts Killer, blocking a pirate who runs closer. He slices his throat with one move. "Kid! This isn't the place and time!"

"Killer, I got her!" shrieks Reck from his right. The blonde's breath stops as he looks there with hope. "Although she's kinda buff. But if that's Captain's type-"

"Would you let go of my shoulder?" asks Heat mortifiedly, turning around.

His crewmate falls back in shock. The bluenette glares into the nothing with empty eyes. His little world probably shattered into pieces.

Wire notices it and kicks away one of the enemies to rush closer.

"Who hurt him?!" he shouts angrily. "I'll make them pay!"

"Get ahold of yourselves!" joins Killer, and they stop. "We have to get closer to Kaido, can't waste time here!"

He looks around and freezes as the smoke fades, and you are nowhere to be seen.

"I'll go find her, Killer-san," says Heat silently. "I will bring Three back for Captain."

The blonde hesitates for a second but nods when he sees the forming chaos as Roronoa and Strawhat run closer, starting to argue with Kid.

Where did you go, Three?"

"I'm counting on you," he answers. "Get back to us as soon as you can."

Heat nods as an answer and disappears into the crowd. Wire watches it worriedly, but he doesn't follow his friend.

"Have faith in them, fafafa," says Killer from his side, cutting down the next pirate. "Both in Heat and Three."

The blonde looks back at his crew before running after his best friend.

"Don't tell Kid that we saw her," he shouts. "Not until it's safe."

.

.

.

A few minutes before

You push away everyone who gets in your way, but it's not easy to go forward since they all try to escape in the opposite direction, away from the redhead.

You keep shouting his name desperately.

But when the metal fist lands the powerful blow, you start coughing from the smoke.

Your eyes burn, but you keep going blindly, pulling out your sword. You don't dare to use it since you can barely see, but you feel better if it's around.

In the end, King's training was worth it in a way. He taught you how to use all weapons with either of your hands.

You could never be as strong as he wanted, but he made sure you can fight until your last breath, until the last drops of life leave your body.

"Kid!" you shout as loudly as you can, clenching your hand around the hilt. "Killer!"

You know there's almost no chance they hear you in this noise, but you can't give up.

Onigashima became a prison itself and they are your freedom, your future.

You barely manage to stay on your feet when someone suddenly stops opposite you. You gasp for air and raise your blade, open your lips to yell at him to move-