Stare...

"Lunch is almost over. What do you have?" Said Charlie peeping their head to see Anne's artwork.

"Eh I'm almost finished, not my best work but it's whatever at least it's not a failing grade." Anne shrugged while turning the canvas for Charlie to see.

"I think it's pretty good!" Charlie gave Anne a thumbs up.

"Thanks! What about you Charlie, what have you done?"

Charlie holds up his art and it's questionable, to say the least, it has a bunch of random colors in a scribble and looks like a preschooler made it.

"Ah." Anne gives a gentle nod. "I can feel the emotion coming through the canvas, it's very inspirational." Anne crossed her arms.

"You can't lie to me, Anne. I know it's kinda bad but I'm hoping it's so bad it's good like that person who got hella money for a dot on a canvas!"

They both start laughing. Anne looks over Charlie's should and spots Julie staring at her and Charlie
'What the hell?' She thinks to herself.
As soon as Charlie looks back to see what she was staring at Julie looks away.

"Was that Julie Jones?" Charlie asked.

Anne sighed.

"Yup."

"Does she hate you?"

Caught off guard by their question, Anne gets a bit startled.

"Why do you say that?"

"Woah! No, I meant I thought so because of the whole 'embarrassing Hunter in front of the school' situation."

Anne stayed silent.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked! I know this is pretty recent

"No! It's okay um it's not because of that. It's for a different reason. A long story." Anne laid her face on her hand.

"Aww well if you want to talk about it I'm all ears!" Charlie smiled at her.

"Thanks, Charlie."