Teased

As she sat down in class she received a text coming from her phone. It was Julie. Anne didn't expect to receive a text that fast but she wasn't complaining. The text read:

Hey! This is Julie :) ❤️

Heart. Heart? Heart! What does it mean? Does that mean she considered Anne and her friends? Or maybe not? Maybe it was just a heart and Anne was being weird about it. Yeah, that's probably it. She waited a bit before replying.

Hey Julie! How's class treating you?

She waited a bit before adding:

❤️

Oh god. She was so nervous that maybe she would think badly of it. After a bit of waiting, Julie replied"

Eh... so boring Mr. Smith is being such a grump today I think he got up on the wrong side of bed 🙄

Anne giggled; she could just imagine the boredom on Julie's face if she was in front of her.

omg I have him for my next class I'm dreading it

"You're doing it again"

Anne looked over to see May smiling like a devil.

"I'm not doing anything!" She laughed and pushed May

"Yes, you are! You're smiling like an idiot! Who are you texting? Tell me! TELL ME" May tried taking the phone away from Anne.

"NO, GET AWAY YOU WEIRDO!!!" They both started laughing hysterically.

"I hope you are laughing about science right now."

They look up to see the teacher towering over them.

"Sorry miss it won't happen again" they both said.

"And you Anne, you're not supposed to be texting your boyfriend during class!" The teacher said,

Anne looked shocked that her teacher wouldn't even assume that.

"I wasn't!!! It was a friend!!!" She said super embarrassed.

"Oh c'mon Anne, nobody has such a big smile texting their friends like that." She said with the same snarky smile that May had. "Just put it away," she said before walking away.

"See I told you!" May said

"Oh shut it-" Anne continued to do whatever worksheet the teacher was making them do.