Smile

Walking home was not an easy task. Everything just felt horrible. She felt like laying on the side of the road and just staying there for all eternity. But of course, she had to go home to her mom and brother. As she opened the door to her house her mom was in the kitchen making dinner.

"Hey Anne, how was school?" Her mom asked.

"It was good, I have homework so I'll probably do that now."

Anne headed straight to her room. She closed the door behind her and as soon as she did tears started falling from her face.

What did I do to deserve this? She thought. I just want everything to stop...

She fell onto her bed and cried till she physically couldn't anymore. She felt a buzz on her phone and she looked to see it was May.

Hey, I heard what happened, is everything okay?

Anne didn't feel like answering. It wasn't personal; she just didn't feel like talking to anyone. She fell asleep from crying and woke up to the alarm on her phone.

As she got to school she wanted her day to go as smoothly as possible, no more nonsense, just plain normal school things.

As she opened her locker to get her books she heard a voice.

"Hey Anne," Julie said.

Anne was so surprised she dropped her books almost immediately. She went to pick them up but Julie was already getting them. She handed the books over to Anne.

"Thanks."

"Wow I didn't know you smiled" Julie teased

"What? I wasn't smiling!" Anne said defensively.

"Yes, you were! I saw it!" Julie pointed to Anne's face.

"You had a cute little smile on your face!"

"Stop it" Anne could feel herself getting embarrassed. Yet she laughed along with Julie.