The plan?

"Well she is just a lovely girl, isn't she?" Said Anne's mom.

"Yeah, she is" Anne responded.

"You should bring her over more often"

"Yeah maybe I will, I'm going to go to bed now mom night!"

"Good night Anne" her mom gave her a quick hug.

Anne rushed upstairs and sat on her bed. She was puzzled about what to do; she didn't know what she was meant to feel.

Should she tell May? Would May judge her? Would everyone judge her?

She had never even entertained the idea of liking girls.

Shame started to quickly come over her.
Julie would probably think she's disgusting.

If Anne kept hanging out with Julie then her feelings would grow and she couldn't let that happen.
Should she have to stop hanging out with Julie?
Anne dreaded having that thought but maybe it would be a good solution.

She lay on her bed waiting for an answer to come to her but nothing came.

She felt an emptiness.

Anne lay on her side and tried her best to fall asleep.
.
.
.

"Wow, you look terrible." Said May

"I didn't get enough sleep, I feel awful." Anne
slammed her locker shut.

It had been almost a week since that night and yet it still played in her mind as if it was yesterday. Anne would do everything in her power to ignore Julie; she even started eating lunch on the upstairs balcony.

"After school, I'm going to take the biggest nap ever," Anne said.

"Yeah I'm sure you will," May said jokingly.

As they were walking in the hallway they passed Julie walking with Hunter. Julie gives them a small wave. Anne gives her a half smile. A million questions rushed into her head. But she figured she would just drop them; it's not like they'd be friends for much longer.

"You wanna do something this Saturday?"

"Oh, what?" Anne was immediately caught off guard.

"Yeah c'mon let's do something! You've been so out of it lately, let's get you out of the house." May pokes Anne's arm a bit.

"Okay okay yeah you're right maybe I should get out," Anne says shyly

"Yeah, that's the spirit!"

They both walk into their class and take a seat. The lecture seemed long, boring, and never-ending. Naturally, instead of listening to how the teacher painfully explained the history to them, she started to wander off into her mind. She was thinking of what she would do when she and May hung out, maybe go out for some ice cream or maybe go to the park and just talk. The more and more she thought of the possibilities the more excited she got.

'Maybe May is right' Anne thought to herself. 'Maybe I do need to get out of the house I have been out of it.'

All these new feelings have been very emotionally draining for her. She forgot to pay attention to the person who has been with her through it all.