Charlie

"I was thinking of learning piano," May says as they are walking through the halls of their school.

"Oh really? That's cool! I've heard somewhere that it takes longer to learn skills like that as you grow up." Anne says as she walks up to her locker.

May leaned on the other locker while May put some books and stuff in her locker.

"Hmmm is that true?" May tilted her head in confusion.

"I have no idea, maybe I am too much on the internet." They both giggle for a bit.

"Hey Anne" a voice came from behind her.

Anne turned around and immediately recognized who it was. It was Charlie. They are in her art class. They haven't spoken for the whole year but in the last few classes they had been slowly warming up to each other. They were not friends yet but they were pretty good acquaintances.

"Sup Charlie!" Anne said as they high-fived each other.

"Dude, did you do the project? Someone told me it was due today and I'm freaking out!" Charlie covered their face in agony.

"Dude I think it is." Anne checks her phone to see the date and yes it was the deadline for their project. "Yup it is," she says.

"Have you done it?!" Charlie says.

"I've started it....barely." She finger guns at them.

"We're screwed." They laugh painfully.

Anne pauses for a bit. The first thought that popped into her head was asking Charlie for lunch. It was a scary thought to replace Julie but maybe this was a new step for her. Plus Charlie was a cool person that she wants to know more about. She takes a deep breath before speaking.

"What if we work on it together during lunch?"