conversation

She heard buzzing from her phone. She looked to see if it was a call from May. she picked it up and answered with a soft

"Hello?"

"Anne! Hey umm, I heard what happened, is everything okay?"

"Ugh, you heard about it? That's so embarrassing..." Anne could feel her entire body cringe.

"Yeah, I'm sorry word gets around pretty fast especially when it evolves superstar player Hunter."

Anne stayed quiet. She regretted the whole thing. Usually, she kept her anger pretty controlled; it was very rare for her to burst out the way she did.

"Anyways I wanted to call to see how you were doing?" May says breaking the small silence between them.

"I-" Anne immediately start sobbing. "I'm sorry- I don't know why im-"

"Don't worry I'm coming over just hang tight." You could hear pacing going on on the other end of the phone.

After a few minutes had gone by, Anne heard a knock on her door. She opened it to see May standing there.

"Wow, you're here," Anne said, wiping the tears off her face.

"Of course I am," May said, giving a concerned look.

As they both walk into Anne's room, May quickly close the door.

"Anne, c'mon what's going on you never get like this, something must be wrong," May said.

Anne stayed quiet. She wanted to tell May what was going on, everything with Julie and what happened the night of their project all of it but there was a stronger force keeping her silent almost as to say that May will judge her terribly.

"Anne-" May hesitate before putting her hand on Anne's shoulder. "You know that you can trust me I'm here for you okay? I just want to help you with whatever is going on..."

Anne looked at May's hand and it reminded her of that day with Julie. She sighed before looking into May's eyes. They were full of worry and sadness.

"I'm sorry-" Anne let out softly.

"No, you have nothing to apologize for."

"No I do, I've been pushing you away and that's not fair to you at all. I know you care but still, it's so hard to open up about these things because it is something I am just so confused about." Before she knew it she felt the warm tears streaming down her face. "Just promise me that we will be friends no matter what."

"Of course, we will still be friends, Anne. You're my best friend." May smiled.

"May, I like Julie."