Chapter 19

Brittany's POV

On the morning of our wedding, Santana and I picked up our dresses and Everly's dress from the bridal shop (not looking at each other's dresses) and hung them up in the back of our car out of Everly's reach to drive to Lima.

During the two hour drive, we didn't really talk. Santana's hand tapped the steering wheel as she drove, clearly a little nervous, but I could tell she was also really excited.

On the other hand, I couldn't stop grinning. I looked at our now nine-month-old daughter sleeping in her car seat and Santana driving, and all I could see was us, one step closer to officially being a family.

Upon arriving in Lima, my mom rushed me away from Santana, Everly in my arms, since I would have to feed her one more time before the wedding. My mom and sister helped me get ready at home, curtains blocking the view of the backyard, since the decorations for the reception would be a surprise for Santana and me.

Santana was with Jessie and her mom at her house also getting ready.

I breastfed Everly while my mom curled my hair loosely and pinned some of the front hairs back. I wanted a simple hair style, since my dress had a lot of embellishments, and I didn't want too much going on. I ate a little before my sister did my makeup and they both helped me into my dress. Then, my mom took Everly away to get her ready. Since Santana and I weren't seeing each other until the wedding, our mothers insisted on not letting us see Everly until the wedding as well.

Our wedding was at 1 o'clock, since an area of the park in which we were getting married was reserved to us from 12:30 until 2:30, and there was some decorating that our parents planned on doing before the actual wedding.

Surprisingly, even though Finn and Rachel weren't coming to the wedding, Finn had asked if we'd like Burt to officiate. We didn't know him very well, but we knew he would be a much better officiate than anyone else we'd find in Lima, so we'd agreed.

Just before 1 o'clock, my mom and sister helped me get into the back of the car with the wedding dress on to go to the park.

Since we were getting married in a park, there wasn't an easy way to avoid seeing each other before the wedding. We'd decided we would walk together towards where an arch would be placed for the officiate to stand under. Since we only had six people (not including Burt and our daughter) attending the wedding, there would be six chairs, three on each side of the grass we'd walk on together.

Once we arrived at the park, my sister ran ahead to where our wedding would be held, and my mom helped me get out of the car.

I saw Santana's mom's car parked far enough away that I couldn't really make out any details of Santana's dress as she got out of the backseat as well.

Our mothers walked us towards each other, close to where the park was decorated in lilies and red tulips, with six chairs, and a temporary white wood arch.

Santana captivated me. Her dress was mostly tight, except for a little at the bottom of the skirt, and the lace worked so perfectly for her. Her hair was done up, and she smiled widely.

"Hi," I whispered, looking into her eyes.

"Hi," she replied. "You're so beautiful."

"You are too."

"I think they're waiting for us," Santana giggled.

"Yeah, we should probably start."

We linked pinkies, since that was kind of how we started, and walked to where my sister was holding Everly. We'd decided to walk down the aisle with Everly, since she was our daughter, and we couldn't leave her out of that important moment, even though she couldn't really walk yet.

Santana took Everly from my sister for our walk down the temporary aisle before handing her back to her mother for the ceremony once we were at the arch.

Throughout the entire ceremony, all I could do was stare at Santana. I tried to listen to the things Burt was saying, but I just couldn't wait to finally be married to the love of my life.

We slid wedding rings onto each other's fingers before, finally, Burt announced us as wives and we kissed, grinning widely as we stepped back from each other. The young girl inside me, who'd never thought this moment would ever happen, was still filled with disbelief, but I knew in my heart that Santana and I would stay together forever, just as we'd said in our vows.

---

A/N:

After taking a week off, I am so glad to be back with a new chapter. Although it is quite short, I hope you enjoyed it! I don't have much experience with weddings, so I didn't put in any details I was unsure about. Thanks for reading and have a great day!