LVII.

"Yes?", Kookie asked and immediately turned on the speaker. It really surprised both of us that my mom was calling. She hadn't called us like that yet. We always called her.

'Ah, I'm glad you called me back. I didn't mean to scare you, but there was a problem," my mother started right away. You could hear in her voice that she was scared. What could have happened to her?

'What?", Kookie continued. I immediately grabbed his hand, which I squeezed. He stroked my thumb down her back and smiled encouragingly at me. TaoMin stared at us uncomprehendingly. We hadn't told him about my family yet. I'm still a wanted man. It's been a slow seven years.

'The peepers came here saying they saw Yoongi somewhere. They immediately took my husband, saying he would be questioned. They want to get information from him about your whereabouts. Neither of us said anything, but I don't know what he's going to tell them there. I just wanted to let you know so you'd be careful," my heart almost stopped at that.

They only took my dad because of some bullshit. They really don't know what to do anymore. They have to blame innocent people? And supposedly they can be counted on. Yeah, right. I can see how this is gonna go. They're gonna hound me for a few more years, but they're gonna give it up anyway.

All right. I'll be there in half an hour and sort it all out", at that they just said goodbye and Kookie folded. He immediately looked at me and started talking to me. But I was out of it.

The only thing that was in my head was my mom. I never thought she would be put in a situation like this. We've always been okay, but since I started dating Kookie everything changed.

'Yoonie, it's gonna be okay. I'll go over there and we'll sort it all out. Don't stress, especially not now. Lie down and rest. TaoMin will stay here with you and take care of you. Okay?" to which I just nodded, but still didn't pay attention.

Kookie just sighed and took off to his office. TaoMin snuggled up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist I hugged him back. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I didn't want to drag them into trouble.

, "Who was he talking about?", he asked, to which he immediately patted me on the back as well. I pulled away from him and smiled sadly. I probably should have told him about his grandparents by now.

'Your grandmother and my mother. You haven't met them because I'm a wanted man and my folks are crawling with cops. Well, obviously I've dragged them into trouble," I stated, to which I just sighed. Why can't we live like a normal family without trouble?

, "But I'll run into them sometimes, right?", to which I just laughed and nodded. Well we'd have to figure that out somehow. We mustn't endanger anyone. So it's still going to be interesting.

'I'm going. TaoMin, keep an eye on Yoongi. He mustn't get stressed," Kookie said as soon as he joined us. TaoMin just nodded, to which I just smiled. And again, he's being overly solicitous.

'I'll send Jimin to come check on you. I won't risk anything and especially not now.", with that he gave me a kiss on my hair. We said our goodbyes and he left the house with his bag right after that.

, "So, what would you like to do?", I asked, to which he immediately gave me a look that reflected sparks of happiness. I don't understand what made him so juicy.

, "Can you teach me how to play?", he asked me, to which I just laughed and nodded. We immediately sat down and made our way towards his room. On the way, I stopped by the kitchen.

I immediately started preparing some snacks. Some chips, drinks and toast. I don't know how long he wanted to stay at the piano. Well it's probably going to be a while.

We took all the stuff and made our way to his room already. There we put things down on the table and headed over to the piano. We sat down, I opened it and was about to start explaining, but was interrupted by the doorbell.

We both froze. TaoMin pulled his gun out from under his pillow and immediately went downstairs. I'll have to talk to Kookie and my son about this, too. I'm not going to watch this.

It wasn't long before TaoMin entered the room, followed immediately by Jimin. He looked quite surprised and tried to search my eyes for an answer.

, "How come it's normal for a six year old boy to open the door with a gun in his hand?", he asked me, to which I looked at TaoMin in disbelief. He just smiled innocently and sat down next to me again.

,,No, he didn't. As soon as Kookie gets here, we're going to have a pretty serious discussion", I frowned at my son, to which he just lowered his head and started playing with his fingers. Like, really cool.

'Kook told me you got pregnant again', he smirked at me to which I just grinned. Kookie just likes to brag. Well, what the hell with him. It's his special quality.

'That I am. And again, he's incredibly caring. With TaoMin, he hasn't left me alone anywhere. He's always shadowed me. He watched over me like an eye in my head. I was like porcelain to him.", we just laughed at that. At least I'm teasing him a little.

We talked like that for a while longer and then I started teaching. I've never taught anyone to play, so this is such a first for me. But I know I couldn't teach.

I taught TaoMin until the evening. In between, Jimin and I talked and ate. At least it gave me a break from my mom. Still, I thought about it in the corner of my mind.

We were interrupted from our chatting by the slamming of the door, followed by the dropping of a bag full of guns. Without hesitation, I aimed it down the stairs, straight into the living room. TaoMin and Jimin shouted at me to wait. But I had completely sniffed them out. Now it's about Kookie.

As soon as I reached the hallway, I noticed a trail that had quite a bit of blood on it. I started praying it wasn't Kookie's.

But what I saw in the living room took my breath away.