XXV.

I was still sitting in Kook's lap. It felt so nice. Just me and my perfect mafia boyfriend. That's how I like it.

We kept looking into each other's eyes. We didn't do anything, we didn't say anything, we just sat there watching each other. I guess there's nothing better.

"Are we going to make out?", I asked, tilting my head to shit. Jungkookie just laughed, wrapped his arms around my waist and lay on his back. I lay on his chest and smiled contentedly.

'You don't even have to write that. I'd cut myself for you," he smiled and ruffled my hair. He then put his hand on my cheek and stroked it. I leaned more into his hand.

'You're a sweetheart. You know that?", he said and gave me a kiss on my hair. I blushed at that and buried my head in his chest. He always embarrasses me.

We cuddled right away, too. It felt great. It felt good. I'd never been this happy. I was suffocating from my depression. I've always been the laughingstock. I was always the one who always took the hits for others. I couldn't handle it.

My depression, my bad mood at being the laughing stock finally made me happy. I'm finally happy with someone I love. I finally have someone to protect me from people. I finally have someone who accepts me for who I am. He won't want me to change. He won't force me into anything.

, "What are you thinking so hard about?", Kookie asked me after a moment of silence. I looked at him uncomprehendingly. How the hell did he know you were thinking about something.

'How did you figure that out? Can you read seashells, or are you a scientist?", we both laughed at that. He has such a beautiful smile. That bunny smile of his is just perfect.

'No, I'm not. You were just frowning and I thought you were thinking about something. You don't have to tell me, I just thought of it," he smiled and stroked my hair.

'I was just thinking about my miserable life. Nothing more nothing less", I smiled and got more comfortable on his chest.

It wasn't long before I felt a pinching pain on my bottom. I immediately squealed with surprise and punched Kookie in the chest. He had no right to do that.

'Why did you do that? You know how much it hurts. You have the power. I'm just a fly compared to you," I stuffed my cheeks and sat on Kook's pelvis. Immediately a slight pain hit my butt. I put my hands on it and stroked it.

'Never, I repeat NEVER say you have a miserable life again. I'm trying to protect you. I'm trying to make you feel loved. To make you happy. You can't imagine how much it hurts me the way you say things like that about yourself. I don't want you to suffer," Kook stated and I saw tears in his eyes.

I got scared. I lay down on top of him and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back, of course. Immediately I felt something wet on my shoulder. Specifically, it was his tears.

I had hurt my loved one. I hurt the person who was trying to help me. I hurt him. My cause makes Kookie sad. He's looking out for my comfort and safety. I bring him nothing but sadness and disappointment. Nothing more.

'Forgive me Kookie. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm just bringing you pain and disappointment. I've done nothing good for you. I'm sorry Kookie," I mumbled into his chest.

'God no. Just by saying that you did everything for me. I'm happy when you're with me, when you smile and when you wake up around me. Please stop saying things like that about yourself. Please," he mumbled and pulled away from me.

His eyes started to fill with tears again. I felt so sorry for him. I'm going to try my best to make him feel better and not have to cry because of me.

I nodded mutely and then pressed my lips to his. Tenderly and gently I began to move them. Jungkookie of course returned my kisses.

We were in no hurry to go anywhere. We kissed gently and tenderly. We were showing all our feelings for each other. We were showing each other how much we depended on each other.

We pulled away from each other with a weak mewl. We rested our foreheads against each other and gazed into each other's eyes. We did nothing and just stared into each other's eyes.

'I'm going to go make lunch. What would you like?", I said after a moment of silence. At least this way I could repay him for his suffering.

"Hm....maybe Bulgogi", he said and then gave me a kiss on the cheek. I smiled and then stood up from him. I stroked his cheek and immediately afterwards he left for the kitchen.

In the kitchen, I prepared the necessary ingredients and began to cook. I need to be a better friend to Kookie. He mustn't get stressed out because of me. He mustn't be sad because of me. I'd rather be a housewife than hurt him.

I was almost done when I felt two strong arms around my waist. I smiled and turned my head to the side to see the cutie.

'The whole house smells under that good one. I couldn't wait any longer. I'm already drooling," he mumbled into my neck which he then placed a few butterfly kisses on.

"Go sit down. I'm done", I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. Kookie just nodded in response and sat down at the table.

As soon as he settled down, I finished cooking. I loaded our plates and with them in my hands, I went to the table. I placed one plate in front of Kookie and the other across from him, where I subsequently sat down as well.

We wished each other well and then set about eating. Once again, I managed to make some goodies.

"So, shall we go for a walk somewhere then?", Kookie asked me as soon as we finished eating and I was washing the dishes. I thought for a bit and then nodded.

, "Do you have a place to look out for too, or are we just going to go for a walk somewhere?", I asked and walked over to him. He was sitting on the couch watching TV. I didn't feel like standing so I sat down next to him.

I draped his arm around my shoulders and snuggled into him more. Of course he hugged me tighter with that arm.

'I have a spot I've been looking for. I'm sure you'll like it. I'm also-", Kookie declared, but was interrupted by the current newspaper. Most of the time, they only interrupt the broadcast if it's something serious.

'Sorry for the interruption of the series, but we have fresh news that happened this morning in Seoul, near the cabin sites. It's a mafia attack on a mall building. The attack was led by the biggest mobsters in the world, namely the Joen family. This is to notify the citizens of Seoul to stay mostly at home in the area. There is increased scrutiny of houses, cottages and apartment blocks in the coming week. Anyone associated with this family will be jailed for life or hit with the death penalty-" I didn't watch the whole thing because Kookie turned off the TV.

I looked at it in fright. I don't want to die. I'm scared, and very scared. But I love Kookie and I'll do anything for him.

"K-Kookie?", I was on the verge of breaking down. It wasn't because I saw the newspaper, it was because someone knocked on the door.

They're coming for us....