LII.

Time passed and so did our son's years. Tomorrow TaoMin is six years old. Normally, I get old. And Kookie told me yesterday that he's expecting at least one more. He'll probably beat me to it.

But over the years, Kookie and I have become great parents. At first it was okay, but then it was horrible. We both didn't have time for each other and we would wake up in the evenings, which Kookie sometimes couldn't stand and went to sleep in the living room.

When TaoMin was a month old, we started paying a lot more attention to him. We were always trying to figure out what the problem was but somehow we couldn't. It was getting pretty frustrating for both of us.

There were quite a few times that I had to call my mom to help us. I was grateful to her for that. I even gave Kook her number in case I wasn't able to find my cell phone or something. Luckily, she didn't mind and picked it up for him as well.

After TaoMin had been around for a little over two years, we bought my mom a relaxing vacation somewhere in the islands for her help. She protested at first but eventually went with dad. What would I do without them.

Those six years were the best years of my life. Fortunately, Kook's dad has come out of his cocoon and is now trying to be a great grandfather. He even forgot the promise he made to his father.

I was snapped out of my reverie as something fell in front of the house. I ran out of the house in a flash and headed for the gazebo by the pool. I hope nothing happened to anyone.

'God TaoMin are you okay? What are you doing here?", I started as soon as I got to the gazebo where my son was lying on the ground. I immediately ran over to him and helped him up.

"I was just lying down, but I shifted badly and fell down. I'm fine. I'm fine", he smiled at me as soon as they stood up and sat down on the seat again. God, I'm going to catch a heart attack around him too.

'Okay, just be careful. Otherwise, do you know where Kook is?", I asked and sat down right next to him. He forbade us to say appa and papa in front of him. He really is about to become a powerful mafioso like Kook was in the beginning.

'Probably in that indoor fireplace from the pool. He forbade me to go in there. I don't know why", he declared to which he gave me his sad look. Hey, Kook was already getting strict with him and teaching him his 'craft'. At least I know what he's doing there.

'Don't be sad. Kook is just speculating something over there. What would you say to a bath. You can go in the pool", at that he immediately shot upright and almost fell again. From whom did he inherit this possession?

'Yes yes. That you'll go in there with me?", he started to sniffle and put on the doggy eyes that he probably got from me. Well, that's the difference between me and Kook. I'm more the yielding one and Kookie is the stricter parent. So that's kind of how it worked out.

"I'm gonna go to Kook and then I'm gonna go to you. Now go change your clothes and slowly go to the pool", to which he just nodded and immediately ran into the house. I shook my head at him and he also ran home.

I headed straight for the stairs to the bottom floor. But I stopped as soon as I heard stomping. At least he doesn't walk like a ghost. I wouldn't give it anymore.

'Don't run so much. You'll fall and hurt yourself somehow," I scolded TaoMin to which he lowered his head and nodded. Then we walked together to the rooms.

We split up in front of the fork. I immediately made my way over to Kook. Just don't let him explode when he hears that TaoMin went to the pool. I still so need it.

As soon as I got to the place in question, I opened the constitution in mute amazement. He seriously went to the trouble of making it look great for tomorrow's birthday party. He even served food there already. It's downright perfect. There are balloons and streamers and decorative things everywhere.

,,TaoMin, I told you something", Kook growled and immediately turned around. But as soon as he saw me, his gaze softened and he looked towards me. His mood swings are annoying.

'It's beautiful here Kookie. You've outdone yourself," I smiled and wrapped my arms right around his neck, whereupon he put his on my waist. Classic. What else to add.

'I told you it would be perfect. But now the question, where's the neck?", he whispered in my ear to which a shiver went down my spine. There it is again. Once again, there's going to be an argument about what our views on parenting are.

'He's in the pool where I sent him. And before we start arguing again, let me remind you that we may have different opinions and upbringings, but I'm not going to have an ice king for a son like you were in the beginning. I'm not stopping you from teaching him or anything else. The only thing I'm stopping you from is his feelings. So either accept it or we'll argue about the same thing every day" with that I folded my arms on my chest and took a few steps away from him.

At that I got a rather surprised look from Kookie, which he kept giving me. When a man lives with a mobster for a long time, something sticks to him. He might have expected it. The asshole didn't care.

'Okay, I'll try to accept it somehow but not much. Well you know what a mafioso has to be able to do", I immediately smiled and jumped on Kook like a koala on a tree. He barely kept his balance to which I just laughed at. And that's what you call yourself a mafioso. Ccc.

"Thank you. You are great. But now I'm going to go check on him to see if you've done anything again. I really wonder who he inherited such a strong earthbending ability from (like me when I start falling down out of nowhere)", I pulled away from Kook with a soft kiss on the cheek.

, "What did you do this time?", he asked me with amusement in his voice. I just quickly explained to him and took off after the mischievous creature.

Fortunately, he was just swimming contentedly in the water. I breathed a sigh of relief and sat down on the deck chairs. As soon as he spotted me, he ran over to me and sat down with a towel around his body.

, "Would you teach me how to play the piano?"