Chapter 46

"Sebastien," she gasped in a slight panic. The car moved forward and then stopped with a sound. And now it didn't work anymore. She was sure she'd broken the entire vehicle but Sébastien wasn't nearly as concerned.

"It died because you released the clutch pedal too fast," he explained. "Let it come up slowly as you press down the gas pedal just as gently. Press down on the clutch pedal again," he said before turning the car on again.

She tried again but it died again, but a little later than before so she counted that as an improvement. "This is too hard," she complained while resting her head against the steering wheel. Even Sébastien's laughter couldn't cheer her up from her feelings of failure.

"Come on, just try again. If this really doesn't work we'll go get a car without a stick shift but I promise it's good to know how to drive stick. You can always drive an automatic but it's easier to go from stick to automatic than the reverse."

"There are different kinds of cars?" she groaned again while lifting her head to look forward. With a sigh, she pressed down the clutch pedal again for her billionth attempt. It took another ten minutes before she successfully got the car to move and she felt absolutely victorious.

"Well done," Sébastien encouraged. "Try to get it into second gear now."

The car shook and bumped but she managed to get it into second gear. It was easier than starting at least.

She drove the car in slow circles while trying to get used to it. She had no idea if she'd ever become good enough to take a driver's test and hit the public roads but she was enjoying spending time with Sébastien. He'd been so busy lately she only saw him during lunch and dinner and she was starting to miss him.

After a few rounds, she managed to get it to a smooth stop and turned back to Sébastien. "I think that's enough for today."

"You did good," he praised earnestly, making her feel warm and fuzzy. They had to switch seats because there would be no way she'd be driving back home. Because the car was so high up she had to practically jump down to exit it before walking around.

She passed Sébastien at the back but he didn't seem to be ready to leave the large empty field just yet. He stopped her with his arm before stepping forward, trapping her between his body and the back of the car.

With him, she knew better than ask about his intentions and she didn't have to wait long to find out. He dipped his head to softly kiss her on the lips while his right hand went to pull her against him even more.

Ava held his chest for support, the uneven shape of the car slightly uncomfortable against her back. Not that she cared, or even noticed, when all of her senses were overwhelmed by his presence. His soft lips were enough to make her knees weak as they kneaded slowly against her own.

The action grew more hungrily as time went on and when his tongue requested access she gladly granted it. His tongue battled hers and the taste of him started to drive her mad as she felt like she needed more.

It was over a little too soon for her taste but she knew they could just continue later when they'd get home. If he didn't have any work to do, that was.

With a satisfied smirk, he let go of her to continue his way to the driver's seat and she mirrored his moves. She was still a little flustered but still noticed the way he expertly started up the car and drove off.

The field wasn't too far from the mansion but it was a route they never otherwise took. It made her enjoy the unfamiliar scenery a little more than usual even though it was just a different combination of the same trees.

The garage opened up on its own and it was the first time she'd seen the inside of it. There were about a dozen different cars parked and some looked very old. Those old ones were still as shiny as the new ones, making her think they had been well-cared for.

Usually, she only got to see the black one, his favorite, because it was pretty much always parked out front.

Sébastien parked the car near a similar one before moving to get out. "Wait," he said to her before closing his door. The word confused Ava for a moment before he reappeared on her side to open the door. She couldn't help but smile at the gesture before taking his outstretched hand.

She followed him out of the garage and into the hallway where Mr. Olson stood waiting for them. "Mr. Chastain," he greeted, ignoring Ava completely. "You have been called several times since your departure, it seemed urgent."

Ava's stomach dropped. She'd hoped to have a few more hours with him before his work caught up with him but she knew he was a busy guy.

It only now dawned on her that he hadn't used his phone the whole time they were away, something that was severely uncharacteristic for him. Judging by Mr. Olson's words he hadn't even brought it with him at all.

With a sigh, Sébastien turned back to Ava with an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, Ave. See you for dinner?"

"It's fine," she assured him. "See you at dinner."

He nodded before turning to walk down the hallway, and Ava started to walk after him since there was only one direction to go in. But while Sébastien passed Mr. Olson with no effort Ava was cut off by the man who walked after Sébastien instead.

She stopped to stare after him dumbfounded and wondered what she'd ever done to him. Before turning the corner he looked behind him and for a split second Ava could swear he was glaring at her.

----------------

Hi guys! Did you like this chapter? Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks for reading yet another chapter and I'll see you guys next week :)

Xx May