Chapter 25

The pressure on her brain made her close her already closed eyes even further to block out the rays of sun shining on her face. Her stomach churned dangerously and her body felt clammy. Soft shakes ran through her body while her mind slowly started replaying the events from the night before.

The memories were a little blurry, but they were all there and she couldn't be more embarrassed about everything that had happened. She wasn't even sure why she had drunk anything in the first place, it just didn't make sense.

The mess that would await her downstairs could wait, she was in no shape to even attempt tackling that at all. And her bed. Her poor, poor bed. Last night, she'd sort of understood what Sébastien had told her about people getting freaky on it but only now she realized it was her bed they had done it on.

Absolutely disgusting.

And if Sébastien's earlier words were anything to go by, every room would be like that.

And then there was that one guy the night before. The blonde one, whose name she'd forgotten but had dragged her down the hallway. Unconsciously, her hands went up to her arms to find them still store from his steel grip.

The realization of his intentions threatened to enter her mind but she pushed them away. She didn't want to think about that. Couldn't think about that. At least Sébastien was there at that moment.

The details were vague but she remembered being let go before he entered her field of vision.

Sébastien. He'd seen her at what was probably the most embarrassing point of her life and if she would have been physically capable of getting more nauseous she would.

There was no way he didn't hate her now and wouldn't throw her on the streets that same day.

Well, after she'd cleaned up the apartment.

The stress of these thoughts made it impossible for her to keep lying still so she slowly peeled open her eyes to look around the room. On the far end, on the small leather couch, lay Sébastien's sleeping form.

His soft snores filled the room and she took the chance to inspect his face. It might be the last time she could so she might as well make use of it.

While sleeping the stress from the last few weeks was barely visible on his face and the soft morning light highlighted his perfect features. One of his arms hung off the couch as he lay on his stomach and the taut muscles underneath made her eyes follow the entire length of his arm down to his hand.

Hands she now knew were calloused but gentle and made her feel warm all over any time he touched her.

If she focused hard enough she could feel his skin on her arms again. He felt so good and she knew it was a pathetic thing to do, but she couldn't help it.

His soft snores halted and she quickly shut her eyes to pretend like she was still asleep.

After a few moments, she heard his weight shift on the couch and a groan escape his mouth. The simple sound entered her ears and sent electricity through her body. It was unfair how much everything he did affected her physically as well as mentally, especially since she knew she didn't affect him in the same way.

After sighing a deep sigh she could hear him get up and walk around the room. She wasn't sure if he'd drank at all since he didn't seem too inebriated the night before but she also didn't know him well enough to know how he acted when he was drunk.

A drawer somewhere in the room opened and closed and she could hear the bathroom door close before the shower turned on and she took that moment to get out of the bed. Her clothes from the night before were nowhere to be found and she wasn't sure where she'd even left them.