Chapter 37

The first thing she noticed upon waking up was the warmth surrounding her on all sides. Sébastien's warm and heavy body pressed her into the mattress as his arm held her close to his body.

Her brain was still too busy waking up to feel anything close to embarrassment and instead, she just closed her eyes to enjoy the moment. The bed smelled like him, and she loved it. His presence was everywhere, allowing her to get lost in him.

By the soft rumbling of his chest, she knew he was still fast asleep but she didn't want to wake him. It wasn't like she could go anywhere, anyway. His strong leg was shoved in between her own two legs, keeping her firmly in place.

It was still early out by the looks of the darkness around them so she pressed her eyes closed in an attempt to fall asleep again. It didn't come easy. Her body was so used to waking up early that sleeping in was something she had difficulty with.

It took her a while, but she succeeded. She fell back into a dreamless slumber until movements behind her woke her up again.

"Ava?" Sébastien whispered.

"Hm?" she replied sleepily. Her brain required a bit of time to wake up so her answers weren't as eloquent as she'd hoped.

"Move your stuff into my room today."

"What?" Her brain was waking up a little faster now that it actually had work to do, but she still didn't quite get what he was getting at. His heavy arm started to retreat from its position as he shifted his body to the other side, allowing her to turn to look at him fully.

"Move your stuff into my room," he repeated while shoving himself back to sit up straight, making her miss his warmth instantly. With a groan, he lifted himself off the bed, sending tingles down Ava's spine at the sound of it.

She watched him leave through the bathroom door while still trying to make sense of what he'd said to her. Was he inviting her into his room? And would that mean they'd sleep like this every night?

The thought made excitement flow through her body and she quickly got out of the bed as well. She gathered her dress from the night before and left the room to go to her own.

A shower sounded pretty good right now and she still wore the clothes he'd given her the night before. The house was quiet and the only sounds that could be heard were her own footsteps as she descended the old wooden steps.

Her room looks the same as it always did and her mind was still far away as she gathered her things. Sébastien's earlier words rang through her mind while she tried to think of every possible way he could've meant them.

But the longer she thought about them the clearer it became; he really wanted her to sleep in his room from now on. This would have to mean that he really was serious about this whole thing, something that had been nagging her at the back of her brain.

Despite everything he'd said and done for her she couldn't ever shake the feeling she was going to lose it all at some point. Her life simply wasn't supposed to be this easy, yet somewhere along the way it had become that way.

But despite her doubts they kept moving forward and progressing in their relationship, making her second guess the lingering doubts.

After her shower she decided to take a walk around the garden, seeing as the sun was out and Sébastien had told her before that he had some work to do.

The previously dead-looking plants were starting to sprout some green, giving the first signs of what the garden could be like in the summer.

There was still a chill in the air, but the sun warmed up her face nonetheless. She was just about to take a deep breath of the crisp air when coughing in the distance distracted her.

Ava couldn't really see who it was due to the layout of the garden but when the coughing grew more insistent she went to look for the source anyway. She only had to follow the sound until she found George sitting on one of the benches, coughing his lungs out.

"George? Are you okay?" She asked as she quickly approached him. The sound didn't sound too healthy but he waved her away with his arm. He couldn't really answer her as every time he stopped another coughing fit ensued.

"I'll go get you some water, wait here," Ava said while turning back to the house to get a glass and fill it with water.

George gratefully accepted it and the coughing became a little less frequent, but still went on. Not knowing what to do, Ava decided to sit on the bench as well to wait for it to be over. There wasn't much else she could do, coughing was hardly a medical emergency so she couldn't call an ambulance or something.

It took a few minutes for it to die down enough for George to start talking, but when he did his voice was very raspy. "Thank you, Ava. But I'm fine. You don't have to sit here with me."

"Are you sure you're alright? It sounded pretty bad," she replied with a concerned frown on her face. She didn't like his nonchalance and felt as if it was a little more serious than this.

"Yes, yes. I shouldn't have tried to breathe while swallowing, that's on me," he laughed lightly while moving his wrinkly hands to his knees to stand up. "Thank you for the water, Ava. You go have a good morning."

And with that, he took off again. But Ava couldn't shake the feeling that he didn't look well at all. There wasn't much she could do about it personally, but maybe it would be helpful to tell Sébastien about it.

George was practically a father to him, he'd want to know. She just had to find a time to bring it up as she wasn't sure how he'd react to something like this.

It didn't even have to mean anything at all. Maybe he really choked on his own spit, we've all been there before. But the dark circles he wore under his eyes seemed even darker than usual and she doubted it could simply be written off as old-age.

With a sigh, she realized she couldn't relax out here anymore and she had to find something else to keep her busy. Maybe she should start getting her things to Sébastien's room. But where would she put them? His closets were already filled with his own stuff and she didn't want to move them to make room for his own things.

Until this was worked out she couldn't do much more than just pack, so that's what she did. Her clothes, toiletries, and personal items were all getting packed but she decided to keep some things in her old room as well. Things such as the box the phone came in, the bags after they were emptied and clothes she didn't really intend to wear anymore.

After she was confident she'd packed all the important things she plopped down on the bed and looked around. She remembered how happy she was when it was first shown to her, and it still held a special place in her heart. But she also knew the room she was moving into was so much more beautiful which made her not miss her old room all that much.

Besides, the old room didn't have Sébastien in it.

-----------------------

If you're still following this story....I love u....

Hope you liked this chapter! If you did, please vote <3

We're coming closer to the real action and I think there are about 20 chapters left!

This story is already at 74k words on my Patreon, which are 43 chapters. If you're interested: Patreon.com/mayskyfire

See you guys next week!

xx May