Stranger Things [Eddie Munson]

Depuis le début

You sit at the table of freaks, at least that's what you hear people whispering about, but you don't let their opinions bother you. Lucas then ends up joining the basketball team and switching tables, but you're very content with where you're at.

But then softball tryouts are posted and you surprise your group of boys when you show interest.

"Really, YLN," Eddie frowns. "A jock? You're a goddamn jock?"

"Don't sound so disgusted, Eddikins." Dustin and Mike snicker at the nickname. "Just because I like to play the game doesn't mean I'm going to abandon you guys. You're my people, not them."

"Yeah well I guess we'll see, won't we?"

You roll your eyes at Eddie who's so sure you're going to abandon them if you make the team, and continue on with lunch.

At the end of the school day, you rush to your locker and grab your gym bag that you had prepared the night before. You have everything you need for softball practice and hope to impress the coach with how prepared you are.

Some of the girls are surprised to see you- the girl who hangs with Eddie 'the freak' Munson- on the field, while others grin and welcome you and ask if you've played before. The coach is standing nearby when you admit to having been playing since you were a freshman. You made the varsity team as a sophomore and actually made it to the playoffs just last season.

Immediately you were asked what position you played and, after finding out you were a pitcher, were told to warm up so they could see you in action.

You stretched, you warmed up, you pitched, you tossed the ball back and forth with other girls, you swung, and you ran. The coach had you practice sliding into bases and taking hits, which you hated the most, but you did everything you needed to without complaint. And by the end of the try-out session, you were tired and sweaty and ready for a shower.

You walk home, enjoying the cool air, and hope you make the team.

As you had hoped, you make the softball team.

You're excited, as are the other girls who also made the team, and as you told Eddie you remain sitting with the Hellfire Club during lunch. They manage to come around after a couple weeks of practice when they realize you haven't changed, but what really makes it sink in for them is when Jason Carver tries to recruit you to his side of the lunch room.

You've just taken your new seat next to Hellfire's very own dungeon master when your lunch tray is snatched up by none other than Jason himself.

"Hey!" You turn in your chair, glaring up at the culprit.

"YN," Jason says, blue eyes sparkling. "What are you still sitting with the freaks for? You're better than they are."

"Jason," you coo, "if you know what's good for you, you'll give me my lunch back and fuck off."