Chapter 14---Meet My Future Wife, Cassidy

Depuis le début

"I think this one's perfect!" and yes, even before Natalie finished her sentence, I was looking at some of the ready made bouquets and found THE bouquet I want. It was just perfect and very me.

I held the bouquet in my hands and showed Natalie. "Perfect." she just said and case closed.

That same day, we also ordered the needed flowers for decorations, for the entourage, the table piece, and everything that involves the need of flowers. After that, we stopped by a restaurant to get some lunch. The food came in quickly to our surprise. I guess luck was at our side.

"Cassidy..." Natalie called as I started eating my pasta. "Do you mind if I get to know more about you? I mean, you are after all a new member in our family, and I do want to get to know you more. I know you're the type of person who really chooses who to trust, but should you ever need an ally you have one in me."

I stopped my first bite and contemplated on what she said and what I should say. I don't want another remake on the earlier encounter. "...it's not that I don't want to tell you stuff about myself, but I am still adjusting to everything...I always wanted to talk to my mom before, but even she turned against me. I know she was a mother to me once upon some other time, but after that, everything faded."

"I told you before, sweetie. I am your mother now. You're my daughter now." so far throughout my so called 'new life', Natalie really only wanted what was best for me even if her mind wandered off to crazy ideas.

Natalie and I were just staring at each other waiting to who will speak first...or if anyone will speak out.

----

"Is this really necessary? Do we really have to go?"

"Yes, because this is for you!" Natalie replied, adjusting her necklace in front of the mirror.

"I don't see why it is."

"Honestly, you complain more than Cassidy, darling!"

What? You really thought I was the one complaining here? I'm only sitting on the sofa, waiting for James to finish changing. Yes, James was complaining about this party we're going to. Natalie said it was for us though. But of course, I was just obeying.

I was wearing a pale powder blue floor length dress that had beautiful crystal decals. My hair was in a messy updo with the fringes hanging off. And, as a woman, I feel proud for being done first than James. Natalie saw me roll my eyes and laughed to herself.

"We are running late at our own party. Stop whining, James."

James finally put his coat on and we were on our way downstairs for the party. I expected the party to take place someplace else, but I would prefer it to be done here. Privacy is a must. The venue is at the first floor to the backyard. At the backyard, there was a white tent put up, they also set up a wooden floor, cocktail tables, a buffet was laid, and the party starts at 4 pm and will end probably by 8 or 9. It depends, I guess.

I had one hand on James' arm as we walked, but I couldn't focus on walking straight. "What are you looking at?" I caught him looking at me, and I swear I saw the shade of pink run through his cheeks.

He cleared his throat, and the way he did it was so fake! "I was noticing how good you look with pink lipstick. So you did follow my advice." he looks so funny just saying a white lie. I remember when he said that when I wore maroon when we went out for the first time. And it was a good first date. It was better than what I thought.

I chuckled in my mind. "I just thought pink compliments blue...at least that's what I learned in Art Class." I also tried to go with his flow.

He paused for a while which made me do the same. He was just looking at me, speechless, even when I raised my brow trying to ask him what he would want to say. "You truly are an angel." he took my hand and his lips slowly caressed my knuckles with a feather light kiss. My lips curved into a small smile. James can be sweet at times...all right, all of the time.