CHP 44 || The Beauty of the Moon

Start from the beginning

Mark shakes his head and he holds his gaze.

"Do you want to?"

"Yes." I respond without hesitation.

I shift my eyes to the floor, the annoying squeak of my shoe being the only sound I can hear right now. I take a short breath and I look back at him. I don't recognize the reaction on his face.

"Good. I'll, um..." Mark leans off the seat as he moves a bit closer to me, "I'll pick you up this weekend at, say 6 PM?"

"Don't-" I add a warning tone to my voice, "-pick me up. Just, tell me where to go."

"I'll pick you up."

"Okay."

He touches the side of my face and I feel a flutter of butterflies arising inside my stomach. I was losing every little bit of sanity I have left.

"Thank you, P'Kit."

I expect him to kiss me, but he doesn't. He leans in, and he nuzzles at my cheek. The warmth of his skin brings warmth to my heart. I stand there, taking in his scent, his cologne. I don't think I'm processing anything else right now but him.

Warisaphon.

There I was, not even ten minutes ago, scolding this one heck of the kid. Trying to stop him from teasing me even though I know my efforts were futile.

But here I was, standing here like a complete idiot, my heart fully shaken by this boy.

***

I think I have carved a path onto my floor from how much I've been pacing.

Honestly. No joke. I've been pacing since morning.

I am in a state of anxiety. I don't know what the fuck I'm doing nor what the fuck I should do. Mark didn't tell me any details regarding our date and it's slowly hitting me. Actually, I take that back, it's dropping onto me like an anvil.

He refused to tell me where we were going and he was ignoring my questions despite the fact I smacked him a few times to get it out of him but to no avail. How am I supposed to know what I should get ready for? What should I wear? How should I do my hair? Wait screw that, how should I even act?

Shit, I haven't been on a date in ages and I am really panicking but I need to take a deep breath and breathe.

The date isn't until a few hours so I have time, right?

...Should I get him flowers?

"What the fuck." I slap a hand over my face and drag it down, my pacing coming to a rapid halt, "No, no I'm not getting him flowers, what the fuck."