CHP 28 || Are You Falling in Love?

●○●

-Mark-

"P'Kit, you don't have to look so terrified, you didn't even-"

"I am not terrified. How dare you enforce your accusations on me?"

I blinked slowly, looking over at my wall, where Kit was glued against. The moment we had entered our dorm, Kit had plastered himself against the corner of the entrance like an octopus and he didn't seem like he wanted to let go.

I mean, he did hold on to that one fact about being, um... a squid? But still.

"But you-"

"I can watch the movie perfectly from over here." Kit called out.

I stood in exasperation, gazing at him with such a blank stare before I moved my eyes to the couch. I raised my hands to explain, for a moment not even sure what I'm trying to convey.

"I do encourage physical exercise, P'Kit, but the couch and the TV is around the corner, you can't just stand there for two hours and simply listen to the movie. It's the watching we came here to do."

Kit crossed his arms but didn't move.

"Phi.." I said firmly.

"Fine, you know what? Whatever." He leaned down, undoing his shoes before setting them neatly to the side.

He took his own time to approach me, looking around at his surroundings with a face of unease.

"I don't have traps or lava pits." I made a point to gesture at the floor, "And no, those wooden planks do not trigger a trapdoor opening below you and dropping you into a river of hungry crocodiles."

"You're having fun mocking me, aren't you?" Kit snarled so violently, I jumped.

"I am not mocking you, Phi." I responded desperately, turning around as he made his way further into my living room, "I just, you just- I know you're really nervous and-"

"You're quite high up." Kit interrupted me, peering down from the large panel windows I have around, "Haven't seen a view like this in a while."

"Oh yeah? What floor are you on?"

"Don't think that matters since this building is much taller than mine."

"Mm." I folded my arms over my chest, taking a step next to him, "But I have to admit, even with a pretty view like this... sometimes it gets a little bit lonely."