CHP 18 || Such An Annoyance

●○●

-Kit-

"You should get going back, you know." I had my face buried deep in my book and I barely looked back at Mark.

So he doesn't have a girlfriend, huh. Guess he wasn't lying after all. Maybe I was too quick to judge...

"Why?" He exclaimed, "I want to see you."

Wait, why the fuck do I even care about his relationship status?

"And I wanted to tell you about my exams and that I would appreciate your words of comfort for my next exam tomorrow." Mark blabbered on.

Ah yes, it's because telling lies is such a big deal to me and I do not condone it. Therefore, now that I found out Mark is not lying about being all lonely, I am at ease. That's all it is.

"Right." I replied.

"What?"

"What, what?"

"Where are my words of comfort?" He had a sulking tone.

I wasn't looking at him but I could see how he was staring at me so intently. Goodness gracious, this kid.

"You don't need words of comfort." I spoke up, leafing through the book, "You will do as great as you have done in today's exam. You know that.. one stupid bet you came up with, you managed to finish all those worksheets in one night despite you whining about your lack of understanding. You're capable of doing it, even though it might not seem that way."

"What you're saying right now are words of comfort, Phi. It doesn't matter what you say, as long as it's something."

"I don't follow.."

"Well I... recall that you told me over text, that you do know that I know how to solve those certain equations. And I also recall that on that night, surprisingly, your simple words just kept me going. I tried the best I could, did everything I can, to finish everything in time. And guess what? I did! I wouldn't have gotten to spend that wonderful time with you in the cafe if it weren't for your own words of comfort."

I was silent, the words in my book momentarily seeming to be all a blur.

"And I guess it was also a part of my own motivation and desires, you know. I really wanted to take you out to that cafe, and I did! Wasn't it worth it, P'Kit? Everything that begun with studies and equations, and we were having the time of our lives the next day? Don't you want to do that often?"

"I am busy, Mark. I don't have time for all-"